• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Freezing Breath issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I have one of my units with the ability 'Freezing Breath' which when he attacks a structure it causes the structure to not be possible to repair for the duration of the ability.

When I add this ability to a Hero though it doesn't seem to work even though it shows the ability in his command card.

Any idea why this is?
Thanks.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Aside from "what version are you editing/testing in" & "make sure to double check all the fields & dependencies & techtree requirements"...

It's possible it's hard-coded to only work for ranged units. What kind of hero has this ability?

Level 12
I think that freezing breath works as an upgrade. Also did you add it to the hero abilities or the normal abilities?
I added it to both, I've tested with a unit already placed in the map with the ability works for him. Same thing with my hero and doesn't work. I tried both abilities and normal abilities.

I removed any requirements. Target field is units and structures. What determines a ranged unit? Is it just attack range you're talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.