• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Freeze Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I was wondering: Is it possible to create an ability like sleep, except it freezes the unit for the duration?

I wanted to make a spell called Vampire Gaze, where the Vampire freezes a unit for a duration, but if the target is attacked while frozen, it will "Unsleep". Can anyone help me please? :)

Level 2
To tell you the truth, I don't know if a regular spell can do what you want but I'm sure that triggers or JASS can work. I only know triggers though and I'm not so good at explaining. :evil:

If you want, I'll just make the spell and put it up on the spells section unless someone else explains. If you do want me to make it, tell me if you want the unit that freezes to have any special effects while frozen. Maybe something like paused animation. :wink:. I'm also probably gonna need to know how a higher level version might be different.

Level 3
This may get a bit confusing.. bare with me. I tried giving the unit a special effect on him, suck as a piece of ice, but I didn't know how to destroy that specific piece of ice later, so your best bet is to use Vertex Coloring to make him appear blue. If that doesn't work, try messing around with the special effects.

Best bet:

Create a dummy spell that targets the guy (anything)

Event:
-Unit begins casting an ability
Condition:
-Ability being cast equal to <dummy spell>
Action:
-Unit > Pause target unit of ability being cast
-Animation > Change unit of ability being cast vertex coloring to (15%,15%,200%) with 15% transparency.

New trigger:

Event:
-A unit is attacked
Condition:
-((Triggering unit) is paused) equal to true
Event:
-Unit > Unpause triggering unit
-Animation > Change triggering units vertex coloring to (100%,100%,100%) with 0% transparency

Tell me if that works, if not I'll think of something better.

Level 3
Then they get the little Zzz's over their head and it doesn't give the "freezing" effect.

If you used sleep as your main spell, you'd still have to set some triggers for it, but I guess it would work.

Not sure if it's any less complicating in the end though.

Level 5
Try this:
(dummy is an invisible caster that enchances ur spells)

NOT A SLEEP BASED SPELL!
Event:
-Unit begins casting an ability
Condition:
-Ability being cast equal to <dummy spell>
Action:
-animation -change unit animation to 0
-unit -order <dummy> to orc - ensnare targ unit of spell cast.

Ps. Dummy Spell = something with target 1 unit
Spell for Dummy unit = modified ensnare with custom buffs, duration.etc. (no missle projectiles, 99999 cast range, 99999 missle speed, 0 mana, 0 cooldown)

EFFECT DESTROYER
Event:
-every 0.75 sec of game
Actions:
-unit group -select all unit in map matching unit has <custom ensnare buff> equal to false.
-animation -change picked unit's animation speed to 100(normal)

Phew, thats my way. Hope it doesnt have bugs. U can place the dummy anywhere in ur map! (Scale down to 0.10, or make invisible, or model to .mdx , and invulnerable, can hide ur dummy!

Status
Not open for further replies.