• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fourside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Here's the follow-up to my Dusty Dunes Desert terrain; a Starcraft 2 version of Fourside from Earthbound on the SNES. In order to create a more urbanized feel a number of things were added including a junkyard, a dock, several warehouses, parking lots, etc.

Fourside2Web.jpg

Fourside3Web.jpg

Fourside4Web.jpg

Fourside5Web.jpg

Fourside6Web.jpg

FoursideOverviewWeb.jpg

And here's the original 2D version...

foursideoriginal.png

Anyone who wants to download and use this terrain can get it here, just be sure to credit and link to my website. Thanks!

Last edited:
Level 5
It looks nice. But it has no pathing. Also, the sky-scrapers are so tall, that if you walk past, a standard game camera is a bit useless since all it sees is a roof.

Level 4
@tleno - Maybe something from Chrono Trigger. The 2300 era actually looks a bit like Starcraft anyway. I'm open to suggestions though.

It looks nice. But it has no pathing. Also, the sky-scrapers are so tall, that if you walk past, a standard game camera is a bit useless since all it sees is a roof.

That's true about the pathing. I'll slap some pathing blockers around the buildings and fences, then it should be fine. I ran around in-game a bit and didn't have much trouble with the camera; only in the corners of certain tall buildings. Maybe some clever use of doodads can block those areas off.

EDIT: Alright, added pathing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.