• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Found the bug!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Yes, I finally found the bug why only maps 1,2,3 and 5 worked. If you would look at the similarities of these maps, you will notice that one of them is the fact that the dragon hero does not appear in these maps.

When I tried to save map 4, it gave me an error on Lightning Storm (or something like that) spell, from Nozdramus. The bug is in the JASS code, and for those interested, here it is.

Darky gave a variable the name "lightning". Well, that shouldn't really be a problem, atleast it wasn't until patch 1.17 in which creating lightnings were possible, and the lightning type appeared. Now, lightning is considered a reserved keywork, for a variable type, and variable names may no longer have this name. If you don't open the map and change the lightning to light, everywhere it appears in that trigger, and then save it, the map won't work, because it crashes when Warcraft 3 tries to run it. It always happens when triggers have bugs!

Oh, and one more thing, if you don't know how to mess up with the JASS code, just save the map, even though you will get an error. Try to save it, you will get the message which says that the trigger for the spell was disabled, and then try to save it again! The only bad thing is that Nozdramus skill will not work. You will need to do this for all maps except 1,2,3,5. Yes, you'll have to do it for submaps as well, atleast in those in which the dragons appear (submap 4 is one I know for now, since I just discovered the bug).

Have fun playing the campaign everyone!

~Daelin

Level 1
Yes if it is map 5 dragon egs search in cave. Becouse when i come to egs game shows erorr messige. My version of TFT is 1.8

Level 11
You didn't find the bug... You just found a way to disable the triggers with bugs so that you can mask any bugs and make the map playable. And yes, I saw your topic.

I tracked the exact bug, and came to a solution for those who like Nozdramus (it's the dragon I chose for example).

~Daelin

Status
Not open for further replies.