• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Forgotten Enemies v4

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
The first map I ever compleded, I usually stop working on my maps after a while.

Decided to start easy with a simple melee map.
Its a 2 player melee map which has a small naga base in the center.

Didn't want to make it too basic so I tried adding a few things:
- It rains every 6mins for 8mins (1min light, 6mins heavy, 1min light)
- I small naga base in the center serving as a wall between both players
=> killing a Naga Royal Guardwill spawn a new one near the Shrine of Azshara after 35secs unless the building is destroyed
=> killing a Naga Siren will spawn a new one near the Spawning Grounds after 28secs unless the building is destroyed

Also tried to make the map look nicer by playing with diffrent heights.
Tried working with diffrent ground textures too.
Added some doodads to make the map look a bit better, tho I only added a few because I was afraid I would add too many

Tips and critique are welcome

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Fixes

(v2):
- Naga are made weaker
- Rain system changed: It rains every 6mins for 8mins (1min light, 6mins heavy, 1min light)

(v3):
- Edited the facings of the neutral mobs and their item drops
- Terrain edits

(v4):
- More terrain edits

Keywords:
naga, melee, forest
Contents

Forgotten Enemies v4 (Map)

Reviews
02:11, 3rd Feb 2009 Septimus: Review it for the second time and it still at the same condition. Rejected permanently due to the condition.

M

02:11, 3rd Feb 2009
Septimus: Review it for the second time and it still at the same condition.

Rejected permanently due to the condition.

Level 9
Knight26, do you mean the category? I don't think the category is wrong, if you think this map is un-finished then you would be wrong, it is clearly finished.

Anyway, after extensive testing (1 game) I have decided!

[+]the concept is great.
[+]The terrain is very enjoyable and playable.
[+]The rain is very nice.
[-]The rain goes away too fast.
[-]The Naga are overpowered,
. [-]The Naga buildings life is too high.
. [-]The Naga units spawn too quickly.
. [-]The Royal Guards are too powerful.

If you fix the Naga strength then I'd give it 4 invincible Naga buildings out of 5 (4 out of 5).

Level 2
Well yea, I have no idea how long a melee game actually takes to play so decided to use the game time instead
using real time would also make the rain more random and logic, will require some thinking for me tho

Level 2
fixes

Fixed the rain

I changed the naga, I hope they are easier now (don't want to make them too easy either)
the royal guard and the siren was changed to their create time: from 25 secs to 35 (guard) and 28 (siren)
lowered the damage of the mobs, got rid of their abillities, lowered some armor and lowered the hp of mobs and buildings

Level 31
Terrain could be better. You fill up one spot with doodads, but you ferget to fill up other spot, I mean you worked on some spots, but there are places that has no doodads, not counting trees. Every unit is randomly set, one creep is looking straight to Gold Mine - other looks into oppositive side. All creeps drops no items.

Improve it or it wont get better rating than 1/5 from experienced maps makers as Septimus or bounty hunter2, their ratings decides will it get approved or not. For now, this map should be rejected, because it doesn't looks like decent melee map.

Level 31
1) Wrong category, should be altered melee instead of melee. Rui won't like it if he see it.
2) Description at hiveworkshop seems to be ok, but make it more tidy and neat to be view.
3) Useless trigger, why would you want to make a trigger that make the neutral hostile drop item when all could be done via unit property.
4) A altered melee with hardly any custom stuff on it.
5) Terrain are lacking as well.

1/5 and mini moderator vote was REJECTED

A good altered melee map would usually have more than 1 race. Infact, some of it could have even more than 8 race. Adding 1 custom races into your altered melee map especially Naga race would just make your map blend with other melee map, making it a carbon copy of it.

A custom race won't just contain a custom unit, but have custom ability, upgrade and many thing else.

APproject was telling the truth and to make it more clear and define for you. A map would struggle to even get approval although it earn an rating 3 from me considering the admin at this site have a extremely tough quality control.

Level 2
1) Wrong category, should be altered melee instead of melee. Rui won't like it if he see it.
2) Description at hiveworkshop seems to be ok, but make it more tidy and neat to be view.
3) Useless trigger, why would you want to make a trigger that make the neutral hostile drop item when all could be done via unit property.
4) A altered melee with hardly any custom stuff on it.
5) Terrain are lacking as well.

1/5 and mini moderator vote was REJECTED

A good altered melee map would usually have more than 1 race. Infact, some of it could have even more than 8 race. Adding 1 custom races into your altered melee map especially Naga race would just make your map blend with other melee map, making it a carbon copy of it.

A custom race won't just contain a custom unit, but have custom ability, upgrade and many thing else.

APproject was telling the truth and to make it more clear and define for you. A map would struggle to even get approval although it earn an rating 3 from me considering the admin at this site have a extremely tough quality control.

1) Whats the diffrence ?
2) --
3) first time I made a malee map, thats how I did it before I figgured out how the item drop table worked (no guild on hiveworkshop =/). I deleted it the first edit but map editor crashed and I forgot to take it out again
4) Well, no idea what the diffrence is between a melee and an altered melee. wanted to just make a melee with a bit extra so it wouldn't be a plain melee
5) tips? wanted to work with shrubs but they are green and my base terrain is brown

The naga race inthe center is just that little extra I added to the map, they are there the serve as a small wall between both sides.
They arn't in there as a custom race

Level 31
Ok, I would just state 1 of the flaw in the forest terrain.

The lack of doodad/destructible usage. There is a lack of usage of it especially at forest terrain. Most of it I seen was partically nothing, but tree tree tree and tree. You should varied it by adding some grass, bush and etc etc.. a forest not only full of tree.

If you want to know futher error about it, post it at terrain board. Expert terrainer could give you more specific detail about it.

And melee category map usually does not contain custom material, all it does have was terrain edited, gold mine, creep, starting location. To know more and to define the term of map category, go to our tutorial section.

Try to view blizzard melee map or a few excellent melee map in our map section. As far as I have seen Revan(Rom) and Kalimachos make a rather good melee map.

Level 9
D: I can't believe how much I didn't see. Although now that I think back you are right. but about the naga being a small thing, I don't think it was meant to be a big part of the map, just like if you put a bandit camp in the middle but you wanted them to respawn. I didn't actually look at the map in WE so I didn't see the extra trigger (why? just why?) but the rain was not supposed to be a big edit either.

I think this was supposed to be a melee map but he wanted it to be not as plain. Although, try looking at some good playable terrains for ideas/help next time before just throwing trees in, you can find allot of these in the last terrain contest, it was for playable terrains and lots of good ones came out of it.

P.S. I suggest you don't post your first second and third maps, fourth is usually fine.

Level 2
Made version 4 with more terrain edits.
Hope this is what you were looking for.

P.S. I suggest you don't post your first second and third maps, fourth is usually fine.
I made alot of maps before, tho I never finished them meaning I never payed mutch attention to map details. (which is why this map lacked alot of details)
This is the first map I actually ever finished and published.