• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Force Shield v1.1

Force Shield
(Force Shield Ready)
IMPORT GUIDE :
1. Import TimedSpellEffect to your map (you can use the one from the test map, but I recommend grabbing the one I linked)
2. Import the Force Shield ability from Ability Editor (Object Editor) to your map
3. Import the Force Shield folder from Trigger Editor to your map
4. Configure the FShield Config trigger
5. Optionally, if you need the effect used in the test map, just import them from Import Manager to your map (CREDIT @Mythic if you use any of the sample effects used in the map!)
6. Alternative for the effect model is Force Shield (by @Devalut)
SPELL DESCRIPTION :
Protect buildings in an area within target point from any form of damage for a few seconds. Does not affect buildings with Invulnerability or another Force Shield.
SPELL INFORMATION :
Based on Force Shield from Red Alert 2 Yuri Revenge. This is the first spell using TimedSpellEffect, and I might reuse part of the code for future works.
MEDIA SHOWCASE :
CHANGELOG :
Version 1.1: Fixed unit scaling
Version 1.0: Released
CREDIT :
@Nichilus - Bug Fixing
Electronic Arts - Original Idea
@Mythic - Shield Effect
@Devalut - Alternative Shield Effect Recommendation
@ApeJl - Alternative Shield Effect
Contents

Force Shield v1.1 (Map)

Reviews
Wrda
You forgot to use FShieldScaleUnit array variable on FShield Start trigger: Unit Group - Pick every unit in FShieldGroup[FShieldMaxIndex] and do (Actions) Loop - Actions Set VariableSet FShieldTargetUnit = (Picked unit) Set...
Yes yes more RA2YR stuff. This is awesome! I'll implement this in my map. :goblin_good_job:
If only I can make models I would've started making an RA2YR map.

Edit: Oh no I can't open the map I only have jngp. :goblin_cry:
It requires patch 1.31 or Reforged because that's the patch that TimedSpecialEffect supports.

I'll be honest that I can't rewrite this into 1.26 or any other patch below 1.31 because that's gonna be a headache to work with. If you can, I suggest to have a copy of 1.31 in your installation.

Anyone may try to port this to 1.26, and I'll link them in the thread.

Level 3
I don't have the necessary sound files for that. If you have a sound effect recommendation, please inform me so I can make the necessary changes.
I ws just Kidding :D the spell works great. It just reminds me old times thou. Playing with my brother etc etc.

I ws just Kidding :D the spell works great. It just reminds me old times thou. Playing with my brother etc etc.
Ah alright then, Thanks! I really need the sound files for perfect replication, though (it bothers me, but if I stuck with that, I cannot fill my time constraints). And, I cannot snatch EA's unless I want surprises in my email.

I hope you enjoy it ^^

Level 19
Ah alright then, Thanks! I really need the sound files for perfect replication, though (it bothers me, but if I stuck with that, I cannot fill my time constraints). And, I cannot snatch EA's unless I want surprises in my email.

I hope you enjoy it ^^
You can just make your own sound files. :goblin_good_job: Just to avoid copyright issues.

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 25
You forgot to use FShieldScaleUnit array variable on FShield Start trigger:
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in FShieldGroup[FShieldMaxIndex] and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Set VariableSet FShieldTargetUnit = (Picked unit)
      • Set VariableSet FShieldFilterPass = False
      • Trigger - Run FShieldFilterTrigger (checking conditions)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • FShieldFilterPass Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Make FShieldTargetUnit Invulnerable
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • FShieldEffectNameUnit Not equal to <Empty String>
            • Then - Actions
              • Set VariableSet TSEUnit = FShieldTargetUnit
              • Set VariableSet TSEDuration = FShieldDuration[FShieldLevel]
              • Set VariableSet TSEEffectName = FShieldEffectNameUnit
              • Set VariableSet TSEAttachPoint = FShieldEffectUnitAttach
              • Set VariableSet TSEScale = FShieldScale[FShieldLevel] <--- FShieldScaleUnit
              • Trigger - Run TSERegister (checking conditions)
            • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit Group - Remove FShieldTargetUnit from FShieldGroup[FShieldMaxIndex].
No wonder I couldn't see the effect on the buildings, they were too big :)
I actually thought the shield would only work for buildings inside it whether units after casting the shield or not. Currently you could cast the shield, move ancient buildings outside the shield area and still be invulnerable until the time it depletes. Is this really intended? I ask because it seems quite overpowered.

In any case, the spell works, the model is great, and works well enough.

Approved

I actually thought the shield would only work for buildings inside it whether units after casting the shield or not. Currently you could cast the shield, move ancient buildings outside the shield area and still be invulnerable until the time it depletes. Is this really intended? I ask because it seems quite overpowered.
It is intended if I recall from source material, though I'll look into the origin Force Shield again and see how it deals with moving building. Same applies to Maintenance.

I'll update the issue, must've missed your initial review that I just recently noticed it. Thanks for the review!