• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

For Those Who Are Getting DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
if you seem to get dc all the time or when game starts there can be simple fixs. if it works for you good if not maybe tell me more about your problem.

1. Run game in admin

2.redownload the map

ok

3. if you have windows xp go to firewall setting and go to exceptions go to the 3 tab at the top and find restore to default.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357

now if you have windows 7 go to windows firewall and restore default settings and then go to advanced settings and clickrestore default policy. in adv setting once in there click the tab that says action you see restore default policy

also quit the game when your doing it. but it wont ruin the game or mess it up

also when starting the game again find a game join or make start play with anyone and then when done loading alt tab and you windows firewall program should have poped up and you should see unblock click it.

and if you all want make a port for wc3 6112 should be everone's port I think it helps inprove the lag problems and allows you to host games. in windows 7 you have to go to adv setting and make a port.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/restore-windows-firewall-settings

Last edited:
Level 8
ಠ_ಠ

Another possible fix that helps with all war3 maps:
Go to war3 root folder and delete the file "bncache.dat" and the folders "textures"+"UI"

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
and if you all want make a port for wc3 6112 should be everone's port I think it helps inprove the lag problems and allows you to host games. in windows 7 you have to go to adv setting and make a port.
No that is purly there so that many people can host WC3 games behind a NAT since NATs use the port number of TCP connections to translate them to a host. Only one person can use 6112 as the host port behind a NAT since the NAT directs all 6112 packets at him. Other players need to use other ports eg 6113 which was what I gave my brother so he could host.

Level 14
Yea the port has nothing to do with lags or whatsoever.
In my experience you can get disconnected from the Gaias bots if you are running Wc3 with KLoader, Namespoofer or other hacks. Sometimes it works, but i think its worth a try to just run vanilla Wc3 if you have DC problems.

Level 3
i know what a port does

I think it helps improve the lag problems and allows you to host games. in windows 7 you have to go to adv setting and make a port

if you read I THINK you would better understand but most of you dont even read the post you just glazed your eyes over them plz do not reply to that dont need to be replyed to

if you installed a legit wc3 and if it has some errors. where you can't connect to bnet or other stuff its usually the security setting or windows firewall/ports that cause problems and there should be no need to delete bncache.dat

you want to corrrect the problem not bypass the problem cause it will come back.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
i know what a port does
So why you saying this nonsense then?
in windows 7 you have to go to adv setting and make a port
You cannot make ports. TCP/UDP ports are already defined by the standard and there always is 65536 of them. Any network stack that handles TCP/UDP will always have 65536 ports defined and will always accept and send traffic from any of those 65536 ports (although it may restrict some as they have very special purposes but that is usually left to the application layer).

The disconnect at game start is as a result of the session not being deterministic across all machines. I fail to see how ports would at all interfere with determinism. Most likely is a trigger error using local code that only affects some clients (maybe related to the save system since that can use local files?). That is if it is the map's fault only.

If a person played a widgitized map session (different map that was wigitized) before hand they will disconnect as their object editor data is not deterministic. If they have modified WC3 in any way they could disconnect as a result of said modifications as they affected determinism. If they are using a different build of WC3 (There are 2, Windows and MAC) then they are also subject to slightly different determinism behaviours and can desynchronize. If they are playing WC3 at different visual settings they also have slightly different determinism behaviour and can desynchronize. If their internet packets are corrupted and fail to be rejected by error checking (chances of this are virtually impossible) then their client will do something not deterministic and desynchronize.

I guess the majority of disconnects or crashes come from people playing widgetized maps before.
Gaias is not widgetized, which means it will not prevent you from playing other maps after. However, I can do nothing to prevent mistakes other mapmakers do (widgetizing is a bad practice - I wish people would stop using it).

I also wish people would stop creating maps that overwrite the miscdata.txt in the UI folder of Warcraft III for the sake of changing the crit text color or some other shit. I don't know how many times people had issues because of a damaged miscdata.txt.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
(widgetizing is a bad practice - I wish people would stop using it).
It is required for some maps due to the poor way WC3 loads object data. As it is some people still take stupidly long to load even the most simple map (I finish loading in 27 seconds, someone some how manages to take in excess of 200!?).

The big problem is people forgetting to warn you when a map is wigitized. It is no effort at all to restart WC3 (<10 seconds only) but they do not know to unless you warn them.

Level 3

some people might have super slow cps and they might have some other super problem but how i see things are if i was able once to play the map with out dcing then i can play it again for me my problem wasnt the NAT it was my own firewall i restored default policy and it fixed the problem.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
some people might have super slow cps
Does not explain the over 2 times disparity as most CPU performance increase in the last 5 odd years is a result of parallel processing which does very little to improve WC3 performance. My P4 from 9 odd years ago only loaded 50% slower than my I7 today.

wasnt the NAT it was my own firewall i restored default policy and it fixed the problem.
Sounds like you configured your firewall incorrectly. Something simple like setting it to a strict policy can do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.