• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Footman Stromgard HQ

The footman of Stromgard is armed with a steel sword of the highest quality and a tower shield used in the army of Strom.

Update 17.05.2021
-Add icon
-Fix animation "Walk Defend"
Previews
Contents

Footman Stromgard HQ (Model)

Icon Footman Stromgard HQ (Icon)

Footman_Stromgard_HQ_TC_v1 (Model)

Footman_Stromgard_HQ_TC_v2 (Model)

Reviews
ILH
ILH
Well-detailed footmen. Works in-game. Approved!
Level 24
Beautiful!
Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous!!

:thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up:
Fantastic as always!!!
Thanks!
This looks really sweet!!
Could you do the same with the WarCraft II Footman? Other modders have done their part, and I like to see yours.
BTW, the picture of the moustache footman was the portrait used in WarCraft II.
Maybe I'll do it, but I'm more concerned about the need for an hq version of Grunt

Level 24
Level 24
Nicely done within Classic graphics. Tho i wish he had mor peppy posture amd animation like original wc3 Footman does. He looks a bit down on his morale/sad :sad:
The heavy tower shield pulls him to the ground)
Seriously, this is the same classic footman with minor animation edits.
If this is necessary, I can correct the animation "Stand"

Level 24
His shield is awfully broad, even by WoW's standards. scale it down a little.
Also, his sword looks awfully forward-heavy for a normal human being to swing. Shorten and skinny it so it looks practical for use.
This is a tower shield, does not pretend to be historical. Have you seen the shield of the Roman legionaries? It's even wider than this one. I need to think about the swordsword, maybe it should be made in the likeness of a gladius. What do you think, friends?

Last edited:
Level 7
I already have a little progress in this direction. This version is far from final.

full
Not bad, not bad at all! 🥰
I am in love with Cataclysms Gilneas city guard design. Can we expect Sword/Rifle variant of that too?

P.S.: I kinda need it for my project. 😭 For i am using your Lordaeron Light variant at the moment. :D Its amazing too, but damn, when i saw this for Stromgarde, i got soooo excited.

Attachments

• GilneasCity.jpg
    GilneasCity.jpg
    644.1 KB · Views: 77
Level 8
An Excellent Model as always my friend,

I guess now we could use a Dalaran one? Kirin Tor Guardian perhaps?