• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Footman Stand

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
its a single player tiny melee Frozen Throne map created in intention to enjoy more the game.
Screenshots
[tr]
Gameplay screenshoot
145055d1430602315-footman-stand-wc3scrnshot_043015_225146_01.jpg

145057d1430602315-footman-stand-wc3scrnshot_043015_225319_03.jpg

terrain screenshot
145084d1430605470-footman-stand-entire_view.jpg

Features
[tr]

• -the map has only 2 goldmine
    -the creeps i added are closer to your base but i enjoyed this
    you can attack your enemy baseonly in one direction
Credits
[tr]
I give credits to Blizzard Entertainment and the Hive Workshop.

Keywords:
Game:The Frozen Throne
Contents

Footman Stand (Map)

Reviews
14:01, 7th May 2015 Orcnet: My review

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Screenshots are not mandatory, but you should improve the description.

In most Melee maps, it's necessary to have expo, since game goes pretty slow without any of them. And they tend to end early to avoid the slowness in later phases.

This kind of Melee also cripples NE and Undead the most at early stage, they're at a disadvantage against others, and wait, did I say Footmans have Defend is a big danger for the NE archer? Also, Orcs very much screws all other races in rushes with their over the top chart grunt health.

As with most other short distance start location Melee maps, this is VERY possible ends in tier 2, or even in tier 1. Rarely tier 3 is needed to overrun foes, unless it's race of teching.

Adding another path to attack the base is recommended. That way, it brings a chance for them to launch a sneak or rear attack. At the moment, the only entrance is predictable, unless you manually waste mana on spells like Human Blood Mage's Flame Strike.

This is done without directly checking the map in computer, I'm just looking based on it's minimap preview.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Okay, I've checked out the map. Let's start with the starting locations: They're too restricted by the surrounding buildings. You'll have a hard time properly building a base, and even if you do, you will inevitably draw attention of the nearby creeps, which are located way to close to the starting location, considering how small they are.

The terrain is plain as hell. There's zero effort put into it, unfortunately. Also, you only used three tiles. The way you managed doodads in such a small map is not very good either. This map is quite small, and stuffing it with large doodads, such as houses, will only further restrict it.
The way you placed trees in the south is quite unnatural.

Now, the creep camps are not even the same for the two players. They are far from balanced. The way you placed them look really random, and the same can be said about the item drops. You can't just give a creep something like: "Random Any Level Permanent Item".
Each level of creep camp gets different level drops.

You could read some tutorials on this site, that will surely help you understand this better. I also highly recommend checking out some of the melee maps on this site, along with Blizzard's default melee maps. Good luck.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

It's not the simplicity that bothers me, but the fact that it doesn't follow basic rules for a melee map. Like I said, try to take a look at the other melee maps and learn from them. A lot of the map's problems are drawn from it's size, though.

Level 30
The map should be called Melee, not Altered Melee. There is a big difference between the two category as for such, the Melee category resides with the actual Skirmish scenario used for Blizzard's custom maps e.g booty bay or terenas stand, the Altered Melee is more of customizing the said Melee with dramatic changes of the tech-tree or value of the game's conditions, e.g 5 heroes can be played instead of 3, faster building structures, etc.

The map's size is ridiculously small, where as you have known when playing Warcraft 3 maps there is a huge techniques or strategies in playing it, and one of the first thing that hits me on this map is Human Rush, its a tactic where you construct lumber mill quickly and send a couple of peasants to the enemy base by constructing guard towers and maintaining it until you destroy the enemy, this also includes adding more peasants or send a Mountain King to defend the offense.

Much of what I played on the map, again it is very small, it lacks space to give into expansion sites (e.g goldmine), creeps to hunt from low level camps to the red big ones, a region where you can tactically set some plans in order to win the game, and lastly survival.

You can't creep out the hostile units due to it being impossible to attack while having a near player enemy near you and ready to attack you, this gives the map 5-8 minutes worth of play time.

For now, I can say this is good for practice, but not enough points to let this map good for approval.