• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Foot switch, open gate, close gate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello everyone I just joined this site.

I'd like to know how to setup a footswitch so that when anyone steps on it, the city gate opens. (I'd also like to know how to do this with a lever WITHOUT having the unit 'attack').

Then either after about 7 - 10 seconds, or by activating the switch again, the gate will close.

I haven't yet found this sort of thing in the search.

Done maps for WC 1 and 2 in the past but just started messing with 3.

Cheers!! :cool:

wc3.jpg

Level 4
I think you can detect the selection (aka player click) of the lever in order to completely skip the unit requirement.

Otherwise, if you just want to skip the attack animation, trigger the unit to stop once the attack order goes out, and trigger the lever based on detecting the attack order.

Level 1
Thanks for the reply JR.
The problems I couldn't overcome with the lever switch were: have to attack to activate it, cannot be re-used (either to re-open the gate later on, or to switch the other way to close the gate). I will try to figure out how to use a switch without making the unit 'attack' (for general knowledge).

But for now I've settled with the following solution. This opens the gate when you step on the footswitch, then the gate closes after 5.5 seconds. I don't think I actually need a footswitch there, its just a region that triggers it.

wc3shot1.gif

wc3shot2.gif

I'm still working to figure out how to open, then manually close (not on a timer) either with a lever or footswitch.

:ash:

Level 4
Well if you're trying to have the same switch open/close the door in a repeatable fashion, just save a boolean for true/false of whether the gate has already been opened. If it's open (true), close it and set the boolean to false. If it's closed (false), open it and set the boolean to true.

Level 29
First, you don't need a timer for the gate to close, you can just add a "Wait" action.

Now about the Foot Pad as the one before me told, Booelon is your best choice I think.

About the Lever, making it work the first time can be done by various actions, but to make it re-work, you can just Resurrect the lever after a few seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.