• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

food used going to 4294967

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
the game starts out with 0/40 food used through the unit obj data but after like 30-60 mins of playing the food used somehow goes to 4294967 2^32 but not able to show the last few digits. Any idea why?
I don't use triggers to manipulate food in any way. so i don't understand where the glitch is coming from..
(also it only seems to happen for player 1, other players stay at 0/40 or whatever food is used of 40)

Level 23
check the gameplay constant. There's a value labelled in the food limit part.

funnily enough, triggers dont give a slightest of fucks about this value. You can set the food used(dont know about cap) literally to 2,000,000,000 and it still works properly(it will show as 20,000,000 because the space is too small to fit all the digits in, on my screen at least)

Level 13
Food underflow. Used to happen in Azeroth Wars when the map still had an economy. Yyou lost food periodically so when you lost a lot houses (food sources) you were thrown into negative food which turns into some crazy binary value (underflow error).

yeah i figured that was it but no idea what could be causing it. It seems to happen most with the warden and her vengeance, the vengeance costs food and so do the spawns, yet in game they don't actually take food. I assume because the game recognizes them as temp spawns? but they do have a food cost but it doesn't show up in the food used limit. but then all of a sudden later on in game at random it goes to max 2^32 value cutting off last few digits.

Status
Not open for further replies.