• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
How would i make a unit able to fly after i clicked an ability to make them fly for a certain amount of time or forever till you click it again?

Level 11
It's kinda of boring, but can be done.
First, you need to see if the unit has a flying animation. If it has, you can go on.
To make this work, you need to create two units (Ground version and Air version), and a morph ability.

Some units has the Flying animation with the "alternate" in addiction. E.g.: "Stand alternate". In the flying unit, change the "Art - Required Animation Names" and the "Art - Required Bone Names" to "alternate". And also change the "Moviment - Height" and "Moviment - Height Minimum" to whatever you'd like. And be sure to set the "Moviment - Type" to "Fly".
In the Ground unit, be sure to set the "Moviment - Height" and "Moviment - Height Minimum" to "0.00", and set the "Moviment - Type" to "Foot" (Or "Horse", according to the model).
The ablity, you could create a Custom Ability using the Gargoyle's Stone Form, to make it easier. Set the "Data - Alternate Form Unit" to the Flying model, and the "Data - Normal Form Unit" to the Ground model. Also, in the "Data - Morphing Flags", check the "Immediate Take Off" and the "Uninterruptable". And give this ability to both units.

If it doesn't work, fell free to VM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.