• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Flashbang Filter Effects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
I am trying to make a flashbang grenade spell that will turn the screen white for a few seconds for players that are in the range of a grenade explosion. I am quite sure this will need JASS, but I am not good with it. Is there anyone that could give me some hints? It would be nice if I had the option to do only a small part with a JASS script (mainly the filter) and the rest with GUI.
+rep for people that can help me
:wink:

Level 18
I know I should use those, but I want to know how to give the effect to 1 player. People told me it is possible by using a little jass script.

Level 18
How would that thing look in a trigger that picked all units in a 300 range of a dying unit (being the grenade dummy) and would give their owners a 15 second decaying white mask filter?

Level 28
Unfortunately, I just started learning JASS... :p (yesterday ><)

I know how you can do it the long way, but you can probably do it with 1 little script, so I'm not going to say anything :p

Basically, you just need to add in the custom script that it needs to pick all owners of the unit group, instead of the GetLocalPlayer, but I have no idea how...

Level 28
Right, I've said before that I'm learning JASS, so I've did some more research (it also helps me learning :p).
It should be something like this:

• Actions
    • Set TempLoc = (Position of (Dying unit))
    • Set Group = (Units within 300.00 of TempLoc)
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Group and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Custom script: if GetLocalPlayer() == GetOwningPlayer(GetEnumUnit()) then
        • Show Fade Filter
        • Custom script: endif
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc)
    • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_Group)
You should also learn JASS, see how many times I've used JASS for such a 'simple' trigger? :eek:

(edit: You can probably figure out the Variables yourself :p)

Level 8
hah i just helped Revolve make a flashbang trigger (in JASS) check it out: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/triggers-and-scripts-269/flashbang-spell-129244/index2.html
he based the flashbang ability off storm bolt, so the unit group uses units in range of the target unit. it'd be easy to change if your target was a point instead of a unit. if you need any help with it, lemme know.
on the other hand, i understand if you want to use GUI. my JASS code would probably just look like gibberish and not help you to learn.

Level 28
hah i just helped Revolve make a flashbang trigger (in JASS) check it out: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/triggers-and-scripts-269/flashbang-spell-129244/index2.html
he based the flashbang ability off storm bolt, so the unit group uses units in range of the target unit. it'd be easy to change if your target was a point instead of a unit. if you need any help with it, lemme know.
on the other hand, i understand if you want to use GUI. my JASS code would probably just look like gibberish and not help you to learn.

Just a question: would my GUI-trigger work? :/ (in my previous post)
Thanks for the spell, by the way ^^ it wasn't ment for me, but I can learn something from that ;)
I really need some easy spells right now, to see how it's done... most spells in the spell-section or damn hard to understand for a jass-newbie like me :p

Level 18
Yes I noticed he needed the same thing and VMed him, but he never answered. But I thought that he needed to have the ability activate on a hit and I kinda needed to hit units nearby the dying dummy unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.