• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Flaming Boulder for Catapult

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
ok yes, I know, the burning oil one does make the catas projectile burn, but it's not exactly a rock. I was wondering if I could get a rock, that burns, and I can assign it as a projectile like the normal burning oil one. I tried to use things like the meteor model but it just doesnt work. I'm thinking something like a "hurl Boulder" projectile model with an attached Burning Oil flame on it, it shouldnt be too difficult, please help!

-Teld

Level 10
FriendlyWarlord said:
There already is one, it might be in the hidden models section in the World Editor (if not there, it's probably in abilities). Looks just like a catapult rock, but on fire and makes a big fire splash like the burning oil projectile.

.... your not listening to me are you? I said I know there is one, but it's not a rock, it's some sort of weird circle with spikes on it, I need a rock.... you know, something made of... rock... or sediment if you prefer. hard stuff.... breaks walls... a rock.

Level 5
*Sigh*

No, he was listening to you. You just weren't listening to him. I know that there is a big flaming spiked ball model in the world editor, but there is also a big flaming rock. It's hidden, but if you took the time to notice, there is a list of hidden models at the top of the model forum.

EDIT: Here's the path, if you would care to check it out in the editor instead of bothering people about making one for you.

Abilities\Weapons\BallsOfFireMissile\BallsOfFireMissile.mdl

Level 5
*sigh*
you are all wrong....
The model isn't hidden, when choosing your projectile go to (i forget which one) abilities or Buffs. Look for "Volcano Missle" or something like that is its name. It is a spinning flaming rock. You dont need the path.

Level 5
Actually, we're both right. You can use the volcano missile if you want to, but it is more of a jagged and irregular rock than the model with the path that I gave you. The burning rock missile is rounder, so it just depends on what you want the missile to look like.

Status
Not open for further replies.