• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Projectile Model Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I have an idea mostly revolving around Missile (Line)

There is no MISSILE MODEL that fits this kind of attack type, however I wanted to implement such an attack.

I have made it working successfully; but the eye-candy effect is disturbing.
The Missile plays it's Death animation or something when it hits the first target, but the damage spill is applied without any effect.

I could use a DDS to create an effect for affected units, but I don't want to use DDS for this. Instead, I want to do some tweaks within the missile model.

MISSILE MODEL: Burning Oil <Missile>
So yeah, the model is a burning rotating catapult rock or something which would be nice.
Here is my request:
I want to change the Death animation of this model to instead of disappearing, it will travel first in a line, and then explode regularly.
I know this can be quite limiting; the specs of my unit is required to know the distance. well here it is.
p3nfB.png

I hope somebody would take on this simple request.

Level 9
I can't believe what I posted didn't actually post... ugh.

Anyway,
I said hours ago that:

The solution is not really the way I want it, but a work around.
The Art - Target field helped me put effects on targets affected with Missile (Line).

Status
Not open for further replies.