• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Flame Strike Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm not exactly havin' trouble with that, but it's botherin' me...

I have been usin' a custom version of the Blood Mage's spell, Flame Strike, and I had a few crashes...

Well, what I have:

Inferno - a Flame Strike based spell. No trigger attached.
Flame Strike - a Breath of Frost based spell. No trigger attached.

That's what's fuckin' with me. Two simple spells with not a single-line trigger attached to any of 'em, and yet I had a crash.

:goblin_boom:

So I tried to fix this. I notice that the crash happened only then I casted the Breath of Frost before the Flame Strike, and that I was usin' the same buff for both spells. Since my Breath of Frost based spell has both the name and the icon of the default Flame Strike, I decided to use the same buff. But the Flame Strike based one also had the same buff by default! Why the hell would Warcraft crashes with that?

:goblin_jawdrop:

So I changed the Flame Strike based spell's buff. Just for testing, I used the Summon Lava Spawn buff. Everythin' worked just fine. So I forgot about that and kept doin' my business.

:goblin_good_job:

But then it comes again! The same hero (with both Breath of Frost and Flame Strike) also gained, on a higher level, Summon Lava Spawn. And guess what? Whenever you accidently casted Flame Strike over one of your beloved Lava Spawns... crash!

:goblin_cry:

I just changed the buff again... but seriously... why the fuck does that happens? Why would the game crash like this? I seriously wanna know...

Link: (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/world-editor-help-zone-98/flame-strike-nuke-glitch-114793/)

Level 2
Well, changin' buffs works. But I won't want to find a way through this, I just want to know if this shit is supposed to happens, and why does it happens! ><

Status
Not open for further replies.