• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

fissure and pasive ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi I am new in this forum and I want to know how I can make the fissure ability of earthshaker ( a Dota character) and a pasive ability that increase a unit atribute because I try to convert a item ability to a hero ability but I found some problems with it.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
You do whatever they did in DotA to make the ability (you have not specified what the ability must do so we cannot help you there).

What sort of attributes do you want to increase with the passive? For normal hero attributes use the attribute bonus ability from the expansion campaign. For mapping item attribute bonuses to an ability you need to use a trigger and a placeholder ability. Item abilities have strange mechanics in that they do not support levels properly so you need to use the trigger and an item ability to generate an appropriate bonus to the unit.

The problem with item abilities such as life and mana boosters is that they do not change the bonus applied when you level them up. They will however subtract the appropriate bonus for the level when you remove the ability. Thus one can generate a way to add health and mana via script.

Here is an example
Life bonus ability based on item.
Level 1 : 0 life
Level 2 : -10 life

You give a unit the ability. You then set the ability level to 2. Finally you remove the ability. The unit just gained 10 health. The following for an ability would also work the same.

Level 1 : 10 life
Level 2 : 0 life

Level 20
For the fissure ability you take the position of the caster and the casting point, and every x distance you create a destructible with the same model (rock fissure I think). That blocks the path. During so, you pick every unit near each created destructible and add it to a group. At the end, you create a dummy on picked unit that casts Storm Bolt to the picked unit stunning and dealing damage. You also add these destructibles into a group and destroy them after X seconds have passed.

Status
Not open for further replies.