• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

First skin. Need comments&advices plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
:) Well, this is the first. It took me quite some time to figure out how to make it decent... :roll: and i'm still not sure if i should shade it more.
I would like to hear out some impressions and of course i'm open to good suggestions (hint hint) :p

BTW it's mostly freehand and recolor (NO C&P)

Level 17
Tanks everyone, allright i'll upload the skin (even if it's still WIP) so you can see why actually i'm not really proud of it. :roll: The main thing that is bothering me is that ingame it look like there is no contrast at all. Also the model dont fit very well with the character i wanted to represent (it's the archer in one of Blizz wallpapers)

Level 18
only things i have noticed:

***Crits***
-Looks inconsistant in jumping from fur to leaves.
=either the shoulders are fur or they are badly redone leaves.

-shoulder does not look like its actually part of the skin, looks odd i guess. may be due to model.
=I would redo the shoulder makeing it merge better into the chest area.

- Belly has something weird on it, tatoos dont look good generally.
=Just can't tell what it is on her belly.

-overall looks blurry on model.
=Increase the quality of the skin with sharpen and or better quality saves with wc3viewer, could be just blurry Screenshot though.

-Hair is umm odd, Looks like a filter, and kinda makes me wonder why a purple lady with lots of brows would have grey hair throws color scheme off.
=Personally would not have used gray hair on this lady, i would have done a darker color woth purple skin, as in the darker the skin the darker the hair... genrally.

-eyes the glow just dies kinda hard (which isnt a bad thing in some cases...)
= just looks to hard from the glow to the non glowing area, remember light does not just end sharply.

-handle on bow looks sloppy.
=Did you get bored cus the bow handle looks sloppy, the entire bow looks good except the handle, its sort of one color with bad shadeing.

-wish you gave me a ss of her backside.
=Id like some closeups and views of her just the basic position, front view side view back view and 45 angle, plus closeup of the face, Id personally do 2 angleed views showing front side and back.

***Comments***
Very nice skin, Im hopeing to see some more stuff from you.

If you want the skin to look harder make the shadeing harder from lighter to darker faster, on yours keep the light areas the same but the shaded areas darker.

And maybe sharpen a little.

*adds Nasrudin to the list.*

Level 17
Alright, i've decided to shape the model to my own needs :) , so i will post updates here http://www.wc3sear.ch/viewtopic.php?t=5047

Thanks for the critics Sansui, ill'change the pauldron (by the way it's not fur or leaves but plumes) and try to add eyeglow like in the NEcampaign screen. Unfortunately the hair must be white, (i know she's maybe just some thousand years old, but it's part of blizz concept) and for the cape still no ideas, probably i'll remove it, that would make the unit stand more among normal archers.. mmm... maybe...

Status
Not open for further replies.