• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

First Model Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I read through magos' modeling tutorial, and I got down the basics of bones and such. So, I started with a building which happens to be Warsong Hold, and this building model is now attached to the post. Unfortunately, I am at a loss of what to do and how to do it. I figured I should start by converting it to MDL open it in notepad, not sure what comes after that though. If someone could analyze the model, and give me a few tips on how to make it work, I would be grateful, it may take a few days more, i'm not quite sure of the process. As this is the first model I really started a project on. The process I used was uvw unwrapping, it's a bit messy but it turned out rather well, but I will have to worry about perfecting it later. I saved multiple copies of it, and even a skeleton version, but I'm not sure if just the box will do. Please help and I will give you credit when I have perfected it(everyone when I submit on the hive models, but only the first person who helped me in the map I'm using this model for.

Thanks in advance, and +rep to the helper :) thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.