• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Help me with my first model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Ok i have started my very first model.....ever and i really want tips also i need help putting a skin on this model that i made. I thought it was pretty cool, of course this being my first model i made it off of a blizzard made model in the vertex modifier, but if there is any good modelers out there please give me tips and stuff one how to model, and as i said before how to skin. But here is the model, i call it the Archimonde minion.
http://img354.imageshack.us/my.php?image=themodel3ru.jpg
Edit: sorry the pic didn't work. Here is a link to the pic. I'll get one up here later but please take a look at the model.

Level 5
Metal Sonic please remember this is my first attempt at modeling ever! Right now the geomerge is all that i can do with modeling. If you know any other programs that you can actually model with that are free then please tell me. Yeah i know that it is pretty "lame" right now but I aim at making others that aren't as bad. So right now i can only work on the blizzard made model.

Level 2
have you read the art tools documentation?
read that thing and learn some 3dsmax modle skill, you can at least make a simple modle

my modle project is to make a set of modles of Naruto(An famous Japanese cartoon)

Level 1
Harsh

How about a litle constructive criticizm for the poor guy. Instead of telling him it's crap, Why not tell him what he could do to make it better. You're gonna steer him away from something that could potentially bring him a lot of pleasure. That's just not right.

Level 1
How about a litle constructive criticizm for the poor guy. Instead of telling him it's crap, Why not tell him what he could do to make it better. You're gonna steer him away from something that could potentially bring him a lot of pleasure. That's just not right.

I have to agree with the hampster guy, he may have a future at this he may not. This is his first model. But maybe try waiting till your a little better before posting something like that infront of all of these really pro modler.

Status
Not open for further replies.