• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

First Map In Campaign Not Loading!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Please help! I've been working very hard on a big campaign lately and now I've been thwarted by something so small! The first map in my campaign doesn't want to start from the custom campaign screen. It has a button and everything. Please, offer your wisdom to help me solve this dilemma. :eekani:

Level 3
Maybe you have just created a button. Try to choose a map for it in campaign editor..
If you're using Downloaded Camp. screen, change it to one of blizz. camp. screens

Or just tell us more about your problem:

can you give a little more info?
what happens?
nothing?
screen goes black?
what?

Level 6
The button does have a path for the map, but when I click the button it fades out and then just goes back to the campaign screen. The second map has a button and starts when I click it. I'm not using a downloaded camp screen, but I am using a downloaded sound for the camp screen.

Last edited:
Level 9
well...
lets try some basic things...
try to load the map via the campaign editor as see if it works.
then check if player data is currect in the map (i think it wont load a 1 player map)
if both are good try to see if your loading screen is all fixed (not odd picture that the game cant find)

check that and tell me if its all fine...i will try to find more possible problems.

Level 3
I haven't. So follow my steps.

1) Open world Editor's 'Campaign Editor'(F7)
2) Click 'Add File'. A pop-up window will appear. Select your map and click 'OK'
3) Click the 'Loading Screen' tab. On the field, right-click it and click 'Add Button'
4) Set the Chapter, Title, and Map Used. Check the box opposite to the text 'Visible (first time campaign is loaded)'. Click 'OK'
5) Repeat steps 2-4 until all desired parts appeared. Save your Campaign in the 'Campaigns' Folder. To test it, Open WCIII and press Custom Scenario.

You should be okay there. Hope this will help!

Level 3
And you can try to make a other map, set the 1st button to it, save it, try to start it and see what will happen. Maybe your 1st map has got some big bugs in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.