• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fire dungeon (Any one in?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Well i have decided to make a dungeon map. But i am in need of help =). I should be happy if some one want to join me in this. I am worthless in triggers and could use some help whit that and whit ideas. If any on is interested PLEASE tell me :grin:

Level 4
Finaly ^^

I Love instance Maps, i am pro to them (in WoW and W3)!
The proplem is that there is no Instances in W3 that is good.
I Have myself made an instance, and making an instance right now.
I Can stop my project to make an even better project with you.
I am good on making items, creative on heroes, spellmaker (NOT JASS), good storyline maker, tarrainer, RPG(Save/Load) hater.
If i can join, just tell me^^ Here is some Heroes u can use from my old map! (B-NET Name: Sponq)

------------------------------------------

Attachments

• Sponqs Hero Pack - 4 of 20.w3x
    84.4 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Level 4
I Dont understand making Variables, i am new in W3^^. Played it for 4 months right now, i would love to learn all these things, cuz i am very creative in making instances, but cant make them as good as urs right now^^ i tried the Torurial and didnt understand a single thing XD, Variables are confusing xD, but i know 10% of all i guess, Coment Plz??

Level 29
Are you dumb? the spells of that guy cause heavy lag after 10 or 20 casts, thats unacceptable, and without variables you cannot make good and interesting spells.

Please be silent if you don't know what you're talking about.

Indeed.

I Dont understand making Variables, i am new in W3^^

And that's why you don't know what any grade 3 student or so learns in math?

Level 21
And that's why you don't know what any grade 3 student or so learns in math?

Stop using that argument :p
Not everyone pays attention at maths, not everyone even learns that, only people who go to high school. Even then, the idea behind mathematical variables is that a variable can be "anything". Usually, it doesn't even take any specific value unless you're looking for a solution of a specific problem. programming variables always have a very specific value and could actually be called constant, as it is a very specific and real value (and I know, "constant" has a very different meaning in programming languages). A mathematical variable is never specific, it's never "real", unless you are trying to solve an equation. Therefor, it really might not be crystal clear for anyone who isn't used to variables in programming.

For instance: y = x² + 2x

X clearly is a variable. But: you cannot tell the value of x because x in this case is a pure theoretical concept, something that could only be calculated in a true equation, for example:
x² + 2x = 0, in which case x is either 0 or -2.

In fact: mathematical variables are used in a total different way. In computers you use variables to store information, which is in no way what a mathematical variable is about.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Fact, all maps need variables to work, and I can garuntee that as firstly, even a melee map has variables created by the trigger script engine and secondly, with out veriables WC3 would not be able to exist.

BoboJazz, to prevent such arguments arising in future, I would recommend not overselling yourself by saying you are better at scripting triggers than you actually are.

faindragon, please enlightnen us with some of your ideas for what the map should be. That is always a good way to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.