• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fir Trees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Ok Chriz, now I know to ask in the requests section, but this isn't a request for a new model, its a request for how to find and use an old model. I have a downloaded map with a green fir tree called FurTreeGreen etc.

The model they use is FurTreeGreen.mdx
When I try importing them and attaching that model to another doodad it seems to work in the editor but then I get the dreaded green and black cubes, so I assume something is missing or the custom path is wrong. Does it tie in in some way with this texture:
ui\Glues\SinglePlayer\NightElfCampaign3D\AeriePeaksFir01CanopySki1.blp

Can anyone tell me where I could download this or another fir tree model for myself?

Level 32
Tree Models

Yes, applying a custom model to tree walls is a tricky matter indeed.

As 'wulf said Art - Model file - Variations must be set to "1"

Even then, trees on your map may still be invisible in the game itself. If this is the case:
  1. Copy and paste a destructible with only one variation, such as a barrel.
  2. Rename the new custom destructible.
  3. Change the Pathing - Pathing Texture field to: Ashenvale Tree Wall <Base>
  4. Change the Stats - Hit Points field to: 50
  5. Change the Combat - Targeted As field to: Tree
  6. Change the Sound - Death field to: TreeWallDeath

Even then custom trees may still be bugged if the model file contains no birth, death, or chop animations.

[off-topic]

[self="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=360"]Introduce yourself to The Hive rapata.[/self]

~ Thread moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.