• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fimbulwinter RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
ProjectLogo.png

Table of Contents

1. Introduction
  2. Storyline
  3. Features
  4. Dungeons and Area Details
  5. Help Wanted
Introduction

Recently, I decided to create yet another attempt of an RPG. This time, I think I have my foundations straight. First off, I think I need to explain what Fimbulwinter is. Fimbulwinter is an English derivative of the ancient Norse Fimblvetr, a harsh winter before the Ragnarok, the Viking's doomsday.

Storyline

In the war-torn world of Farein, three allies fight an onslought of demons. The Trinity, as the elves-dwarves-human alliance calls itself, has been fighting the hordes of demonic foes for generations. When the tides turn on the Trinity due to compromised militaristic leadership, the generals on the Council have been hesitant of using their own commanders in battle. Hiring off mercenaries to replace their military leaders, the Trinity hopes that a set of fresh swords will help them win the war. Now, it is in the hands of the players to make sure that goal is attained.

Features

Fimbulwinter RPG uses several unique features. First off, it uses a battlefield system. By performing quests and missions, you gain Valor points. These Valor points can be spend on items, or used to upgrade your rank. The higher ranking you have means that get higher gold income from the army, and you can control more troops. To control troops, simply take a batallion from one of the outposts. In order to get a lot of Valor, you can control your troops to conquer other command posts. For every additional command post your side controls, you get an extra 50 gold every 5 minutes on your income.

Areas and Screenshots

TrollDungeonEntrance.jpg

This is the entrance to the Ice Troll Dungeon. This dungeon is rated for level 3+, and contains one puzzle, a boss, and a bunch of creeps to train on. The loot for this dungeon is set at green, or rare.

GateofRiddles.jpg
GateOfRiddles.jpg

This is the first puzzle you will encounter in the game. The gate will ask you two riddles. Players must guess by typing -guess Fire, -guess Food, -guess Dog, etc. Once you have answered his two riddles, the gate will open, and you may proceed on your journey.[/box]
RiddleGate.jpg

Last edited:
.... Fimbulwinter is not ancient norweigian... it's more of ancient scandinavian, the vikings used very mixed languages from between the scandinavian countries, and Fimbulwinter was in all of their languages, signaling the start of ragnarok, Fimbulwinter means winter of the wolves. because, coming with the great winter, snow wolves follows. i don't see what this map has to do with fimbulwinter besides all the snow.

Level 18
this map is interesting.

Im a terrainer. the terrain in this is actually decent ( from what i see )

however, an RPG like this needs two things. First it needs an RPG camera =D. an RPG camera creates the best feeling of actually being in a game. I suggest implementing one ( i have a nice map with a VERY smooth RPG camera. and i can give it to you if you would like )

and the Second thing is thattthe terrain isn't detailed enough. If you decide to put in an RPG camera, i can probably terrain some good shit for you, and see if you like it. Even though i am very busy. But i just wanna see this project come to fruction.

Level 4
Applying for the work

Hello.
I am here to apply for the triggering.
I am very good triggerer. Tho its GUI noone has ever complained about it.
I make great systems. If you want proof of my work just sent me a PM on hive.

*EDIT*: I apologize, but i reconsidered my offer and decided to withdraw it because I don't want to get into Wc3 modding again. Real life rox too much ! <3

~Skore_sM

Last edited:
Level 19
I can't wait to see this, the concept is great !!! :thumbs_up:
The terrain is complketely okay, not outstanding, but not lacking either.
keep it up :thumbs_up:

And by the way:
.... Fimbulwinter is not ancient norweigian... it's more of ancient scandinavian
somewhat, but he said norse, which is the english word for "norrøn" which is the name of all the people of ancient scandinavia, and henceforth the name of the norse language.

Status
Not open for further replies.