• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ffxii

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
You can just skip my rambling game review and post what you think.. sry its so long. Its one of my favorite games.

(Final Fantasy 12)
I thought FF12 was a really great game. Probably even the best FF. It was different in such a way that it even pulled in people who didn't like FF games. Its battle system was like open in 3d where you can actually approach the monster and attack him with out having the screen randomly flash into battle mode and having to wait for your turn while they all dance in place. This is exactly the change FF needed. Who came up with the idea of turn based anyway? its dumb. FF12 had a good variety of monsters and bosses and many places to explore. The graphics where top notch considering it was on the PS2. Which was always a big part of why FF is good to me is the graphics. And the story, it was the most intresting part of the game (as with most final fantasys). Instead of telling the same old FF story it told the story differently and told the story of the two nations feud instead of just the small group you play with. Cinematics where amazing. However as with all games this game had its flaws.
1) Vaan is the most gay shit ever. his face is all fucked up and his stupid vest. Who was the person who approved this piece of shit to be the main character? All other characters are good.
2) The last Boss was wayy to easy. I was expecting the ultimate fight.
3) More monster variety.
4) The spells special effects were crap.They didn't have any huge graphic explosions of effects like in FFX. I guess it was because of the limitation of the PS2.

If they fixed all this in the future FF's and took advantage of the amazing power of the PS3 they could make the perfect game.

Status
Not open for further replies.