• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Few Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14
Hello, if anybody knows answers to these questions, please answer them.

1. Is it possible to remove an icon? I want a spell not to be seen in the command bar (mostly for Evasion, Crit Strike and Bash).

2. Quite Opposite question, is it possible to show an icon of Attribute Bonus? There is this button to tick, it is on to me but the spell still does not show...

3. Can a mob have infinite amount of spells? Well not really infinite but 20 would be enough.

4. Is it possible to level up a spell in spellbook with triggers?

+REP

Level 17
1. Try create an ability based off the item version, example: Critical Strike (item).
2. It should show (make sure "Hide Button" is set to "false").
3. No. You will have to trigger when you want them to be cast.
4. Don't know.

Level 5
for the first question i honestly dont know .. but i think its possible because there is this "Pheonix fire" ability in world editor that does not show the icon in the bar
attribute bonus ... there is actually one ability like that in wc3 frozen throne ... i mean in the world editor under the neutral hostile i think
and its icon is the yellow "+" and its shown everywhere ..(Research bar , and the heroes interface")
for question 3 i believe u must make a spell book but for 20 abilities maybe u will need 2 spell books inside each other "IF THIS IS POSSIBLE"
4- yes it is possible

Last edited:

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14
Thank you for help.

@Mr. Bean I meant passive spells, such as bash, evasion, critical strike, drunken brawler, etc. Is it possible to have those spells active if they do not appear in command bar because it is already full?

@Unholy Thank you for advice for the neutral hostile ability :p

@Erkki2, so I just have to use Set level of ability for unit to X, and even if the ability is in spellbook it will work?

Level 15
Hello, if anybody knows answers to these questions, please answer them.

1. Is it possible to remove an icon? I want a spell not to be seen in the command bar (mostly for Evasion, Crit Strike and Bash).

2. Quite Opposite question, is it possible to show an icon of Attribute Bonus? There is this button to tick, it is on to me but the spell still does not show...

3. Can a mob have infinite amount of spells? Well not really infinite but 20 would be enough.

4. Is it possible to level up a spell in spellbook with triggers?

+REP

1. yes u can (this will work for passive spells only put the spell u want to hide in a spell book give the spell book to the unit and disable the spell book .... the passive ability inside it will still work)
2.it should already show
3.no u cant unless u use a spell book i believe. if a unit has more spells then what can fit on the UI it will not be able to cast the spells that are not in the UI
4. yer u can level them up and treat them as if they wernt in a spell book

also sorry if these questions are already answerd

Level 33
1. Put those spells in a spellbook, and hide it by using

• Player - Disable Spellbook (Critical Strike, Evasion, bla bla) for WhichPlayerYouWant

2. Already answered

3. Spellbook is the answer to hold an infinite amount of spells (you can have a spellbook, inside a spellbook, imagine.

4. It is possible, by just doing this directly

• Unit - Increase level of Critical Strike for YourUnit
You should not increase ability for the spellbook, only increase for the spells inside the spellbook.

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
Because this tutorial sucks balls.

The guy doesn't mention that field Minimum number of Spells has to be set to the amount of spells hold by given spellbook. If not, the engime will roll random number between (0, NumberOfSpellsHold) and your spellbook will actually only display the 'rolled' number of abilities.
Yes, if you own for egzample 11 spells and it rolls 1 your SB becomes freak.

Addtionaly: screw most question that answer 'Can't be done'.
Use:
JASS:
jass call IssueImmediateOrderById(u, 852608)
For spellbook opening. Then follow this with actions for calling spell within it.

Status
Not open for further replies.