• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Few questions from a newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I'm new to WE and new to this website, so- hello!
I'd like to do basic thing in editor- create my custom race, and then replace existing race with new one, so that I can play my new race on edited maps. But as I'm new to editor and this site is so huge I think I need help. Here are my questions:

1. My editor shuts down quite frequently without a reason... is that normal, do you encountered that, what to do with this? It happens often when I want to load, or save some changes. It's almost impossible to work like that :cry:

2. I found some useful models, units, icons etc. here. I assume I can download them and use in my project. How do I give credits to their makers, is it ok to change some details of units/spells (for example names, so that they will fit better in my race)? Don't want to violate any rules here.

3. I made first hero of my race. I used Blood Mage a s a base for him, and when new hero uses a spell, he also automatically fires a Blood Mage projectile. It looks like it's integrated with the spell, how to get rid of that? I changed the normal attack animation, BM's projectile only shows up while casting spells.

4. My new hero has Siphon Mana spell, and while it lasts he repeats his cast animation. Can I make him stop doing that?

5. Do you have any useful links, tutorials, other websites for me? I'm still doing research, but there is so much to read, I can easily miss some good stuff :]

Thanks in advance for any help, and sorry for my poor english, it's not my native language.

Level 10
1. That is not normal and I don't know what causes it.
2. Credits can be displayed in many ways, but the most commonly used way is to put up a ''quest'' named credits and then put proper credit in the ''quest'' description. And it's not against the rules to change tooltips, only to alter peoples creations if they say it's not okey.
3. This is probably because you cast the Blood Mages spell ''Flame Strike'', if you edit the ability properly I think it should go away.
4. Change the ''Art - Animation Names'' to whatever animation you desire.

Hope it helps =)

Sol#1 Right click on the hard drive/ partition where you have your WC3 in, select Properties then Tools Then Check Now, restart your computer and it should fix it.

Sol#2 You can change their names, and to give credits you should add them in the description of your map when uploaded.

Sol#3 It might be attached to the model itself.

Sol#4 Open Object Editor then navigate to Abilities then open Siphon mana and change it's animation names to whatever you like ( EG: Stand, spell, slam..etc.. )

Sol#5 Check out the tutorials forum of The Hive Workshop.

Status
Not open for further replies.