• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

FeralPigeon.blp

A skin for my model, the Feral Pigeon.

This turns it into a wood pigeon, Columba palumbus, which is more commonly found in suburbs, parks, forests and agricultural land as opposed to cities.

Update:
Added a bit more shading, can't add any more because of the wrap.

Keywords:
bird, pigeon, dove, critter, flyer, feral, wood, avian, farm, agriculture, park
Contents

Wood Pigeon (Texture)

Reviews
16:53, 6th Dec 2009 THE_END: As mentioned in the thread, highlights are needed a little more on this skin, then I will approve April 5: No improvements done, rejected 11:04, 5th Jan 2012 67chrome: Considering this is a critter and has a very...
Status
Not open for further replies.

M

16:53, 6th Dec 2009
THE_END: As mentioned in the thread, highlights are needed a little more on this skin, then I will approve
April 5: No improvements done, rejected

11:04, 5th Jan 2012
67chrome: Considering this is a critter and has a very simple wrap that is hard to shade, and the detail work is pretty good I'm approving it.

Level 38
It could use more shading, right now most of the skin is the same tone. Looking at the screenshot were the pigeon is coming at you at an angel the wing should not blend in with the chest, the chest should be much darker. See if you can get it to look 3-D without any in game lighting ;)
I always remember pigeons being slightly more colorful to, but w/e. Maybe a slight adjustment on the saturation of the skin would turn out OK, but nothing major here. Looks pretty cool so far though, I like it :)

You should do a parrot next, Yarr!

It could use more shading, right now most of the skin is the same tone. Looking at the screenshot were the pigeon is coming at you at an angel the wing should not blend in with the chest, the chest should be much darker. See if you can get it to look 3-D without any in game lighting ;)
I always remember pigeons being slightly more colorful to, but w/e. Maybe a slight adjustment on the saturation of the skin would turn out OK, but nothing major here. Looks pretty cool so far though, I like it :)

You should do a parrot next, Yarr!

It does look like a parrot, Chrome :xxd:

Yarr!

Status
Not open for further replies.