• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Fencing Sword (Épée)

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Binsu
This is an Épée, one of the weapon a Fencer uses in a duel.
It is designed specifically for the VillagerMan model, but works well with other models too. It fits best on "Hand, Right" attachment point for the VillagerMan model.

I have just started to do modeling, i hope you like it :)

Updated: Tried to minimize polygons, also reduced cone size and added team-colored protective tips..

Keywords:
sword, swords, fence, fencing, blade, weapon, foil, epee, sabre, sport, sports olympic, france, spain
Contents

Fencing Sword (Épée) (Model)

Reviews
Misha 30th May 2013 Moderator's Review: really too high poly for a sword, the handle and the blade could've easily been done with four-sided 'cylinder', maybe even 3-sided, and the ball shape could have been done as billboarded plane. also...

M

88b8c096c14d2181b2e61de7191420f7_67524.png
separator.gif
Misha
separator.gif
30th May 2013
Moderator's Review: really too high poly for a sword, the handle and the blade could've easily been done with four-sided 'cylinder', maybe even 3-sided, and the ball shape could have been done as billboarded plane. also do choose some ingame textures for this one, custom textures are really unnecessary. and lastly, change the model's internal name
I say that is a cool improvement in low-poly terms :3 although you really should use ingame textures for the whole model.. i think some might even be more detailed than what you have.

Level 30
Nice job on doing it. Looks good but generally a Fencing sword doesnt look like that. That Cone like in the handle should not be really stretched because it restricts the wielding of the Sword.

Still this looks good, 3/5 and +4 REP!