• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Female villager portrait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Alright. Yesterday I extracted the Villager (Female) model from war3.mpq. I then added an attack animation to the model because as you may, or may not know, the Villager (Female) does not have one. I imported the model into World Editor, and tested the model and came across a problem. The problem was that there was no portrait visible (it was black) unlike the normal Villager (Female) model provided by Blizzard. I was wondering if someone can help me by telling me what to do? I did notice that when I was extracting the model from war3.mpq, that there was a separate .mdx file that contained "portrait" in its name. Do I have to extract the portrait .mdx also and import it or something along those lines? Or is this something to do with the paths? Or what? The Blizzard-provided portrait for the Villager (Female) is fine, I didn't create my own portrait. Please help me. Thanks :)

Level 2
Can you give me more information? After I extract the portrait, what do I do with it? Just import it? And to "overwrite" the model, what exactly do I need to do? Does it have to do with changing the paths? I'm not quite sure.

Level 26
when you import a model called dummy.mdx it will be war3mapImported\dummy.mdx
the portrait dummy_portrait.mdx will be war3mapImported\dummy_portrait.mdx

you will have to remove the war3mapImported on both of the models to make them work.
You will use this method if you still want to use the villager woman model which does not have an attack animation aswell.

But if you don´t want to use it you will have to call your model Units\Critters\VillagerWoman\VillagerWoman.mdx after importing it. This will save you from importing the portrait.

Level 2
After doing what you said, the portrait still failed to show. So I looked over the Import Manager, and I noticed that I imported the .mdl file, and not the .mdx file example you used. Once I imported in the .mdx, instead of the .mdl, not only did I notice that the file size was reduced, but the portrait was visible and the attack animation I added worked! Thank you for explaining everything more clearer and giving me examples :) +Rep

Status
Not open for further replies.