• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Female Marine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
I looked everywhere, there is nothing close to a female modern model. Not a marine, not a citizen, Nothing. So i was wondering if anyone can edit the "weaponless" marine, possibly talons, or just another one, and give it a female head (from high elf female citizen, or the normal female villager). And a slimmer body maybe, atleast so you can tell its a girl. Any help is appreciated :grin:

A link or anything else too :p

Ill even attach a weaponless marine (Its not talons)

Attachments

• Marine.mdx
    75.4 KB · Views: 146
Level 17
No, a female marine. Same as normal marine, but, kinda slimmir armor, it CAN be same anim, preffered actually, but weaponless if possible because i want to use attachments on her. Body should be like slim, so its visibly female. But meh, just do what you feel like ill take anything, afterall your doing me a favour :p.

Level 17
If Lord_T doesnt eventually become a Models section, or request sction moderator. Ill get very upset...

Someone rep him some more, i cant do it twice in a row.

Um.... just one thing sorry for sounding picky. But without a portrait or atleast a slimmer body its kinda hard to tell that its female. Could you just make it a bit skinnier, or add a portrait. Ill manage if you cant, its ok.

Either way, thanks alot.

EDIT: Nvm, i managed to make her thinner using Magos, but i really need a portrait :p, or does it already have one??

Last edited:
Level 22
The portrait's built into the model
How skinny did you make her, man? I left her like that because she might be confused for a ghost if she was any slimmer. but in any case,
Good luck with your project!

EDIT: I just looked over the models thoroughly, and I overlooked something on both.
I forgot to add a geoset anim to her head, so it floats in the decay anim.
to fix that, just create a new geoset anim, set it's geoset to that of her head, and set it's animated alpha values to :
0: 1
212833: 0

I also added a portrait camera to the TC'ed kodo.

Last edited:
Level 22
Actually, you do it in magos'
Just open up the geoset animation manager, create a new geoset animation.
Assign it to the head's geoset (cntrl + click on the head in the main view to select the geoset.)
Then click the Alpha animated checkbox in the geoset anim, and set the values there to:
0: 1
212833: 0

Level 17
Hey it worked! Awesome. No more floating face. THanks a bunch. And i didnt make her too skinny, here take a look: I think it fits nicely.

Compare it with the much more, less fitting, masculin one.

I guess i should have asked permittion before i edited it. Sorry. But i really think it much more than the other one. I tested all the anim and everything it doesnt screw it up.

EDIT: Wait, i know im being demanding, and i feel like such a jackass. But since were already here, and i dont want to make another thread, can you just make sandbags? REALLY simple shape i dont really care, it can be like a rectangle, infact ill make the skins! I just need a shape that looks like sand bags. Thanks... of course if you dont want to just dont reply, you already did MUCH more than enough. Thanks agian.

Last edited:
Level 22
It's ok if you modified it, it was just a quickie model made it for you . And I see what you mean, yours does look better.
No need to feel bad, If you need something just ask. If i see a request, and I can answer it, It'll get done.
What kind of Sandbag do you need? Like.. a Barricade-esque sandbag on the floor? or an attachment?
Edit: Meh, I just made a bunch of them.
There are Flat (attachment), Hunched over, Sitting, and Item sandbags in the .zip. I'm sure your skin will look better than the temporary i mapped them too, but they look kinda recodnizable as is.
Enjoy!

Last edited:
Level 17
No, a barricade-esque sandbag :p. If they ever hold elections for mods, you have my vote. And a half.

Edit: OH, thats why you PMed me.

Edit Edit: Well, i like it but, its a buildable doodad, and i dont think players can easily stack single sand bags over each other, can you just make one with a bunch stacked on each other? About the size of the Wc3 Barricade. :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.