• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Fel Orc AI only harvesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Greetings,

I have been lurking on the forums for almost a decade now without posting I think but recently I started playing again and messing in the world editor so I need some help.

So basically I wanted to create a simple Fel Orc AI based on custom units I created in object editor. I created the AI in AI Editor, made sure to put everything in correct order in building tab, set it to custom race, changed town hall building and worker unit, double checked object editor to see if workers and buildings can train desired units set in AI editor and still fel peons only harvest gold and occasionally lumber and nothing else.

My only guess is that I am doing something wrong in the trigger editor so I will post a picture here. Any help would be appreciated, I am a newb for triggers.

Attachments

• pic6.png
    pic6.png
    836.2 KB · Views: 98
Level 15
You must use one of those functions.
  • AI - Start melee AI script for Player 1 (Red): map.ai
  • AI - Start campaign AI script for Player 1 (Red): map.ai
Instead of map.ai you use your ai script, that you imported in your map.
To import the ai script, use file -> export script first in the ai editor

Level 1
Thanks for the reply but that is exactly what I did. It is in the picture that I uploaded in the first comment. Peons only harvest and nothing else. Building tab looks fine too so I do not see anything blocking them from building/recruiting.

Attachments

• pic4.png
    pic4.png
    794.4 KB · Views: 87
Level 15
But as far as I know you must not use the "melee - start ai for all players" function. Just try it without this function. If it works after that you know what caused it.

Also the melee function works for all players, so you do not need to use it in the player loop.
1.First try to not use the melee ai function.
2.Then try to use the melee ai function before the loop.
3.Then try to use the melee ai function after the loop.

If 1. does not work you do not need to try the others though.

Level 1
Ok I have tried deleting "melee - start ai for all players" function. It still works the same, peons only harvesting. I have no idea what the problem is. :D

Level 15
I don't know either.
I doubt your worker is unbuildable because of costs, requirements, not trained at fell hall, so the AI itself should be fine.

Do the replacing functions work as intended?

Level 1
Triple checked the object editor. Fell Hall definitely spawns Fel Peons and according to building tab, the first thing AI should do is build another peon and then the Altar of Storms which can be built by fel peons for sure.
And yes, they do. Fell Hall and Fel Peons spawned instead of basic Orc starting units normally. I used the same function to allow myself to play as custom race, but when it comes to implementing AI for it, it doesn't work. I guess it will remain a mystery for a while. Thanks for trying to help. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.