• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fatal Error?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Ok so, recently I came back to work on a map I created about a year ago, for the last 3 days I was checking out models, spells and triggers I can put in the map to make it more interesting. Yesterday I tested the map before i finished working on it, and everything was going smoothly... The problem is when I added a new zone, imported 2 models and made few triggers (triggers aren't the problem I deleted the ones I made today and the problem still persists), but when I gave the map to my friend to test it he found out that when the map loads, after around 2 minutes it crashes with a Fatal Error thingy! I tried to remove new models and triggers but I still get the fatal error. Now this is my first serious map, it's around 30% complete but it took me a lot of time to make those 30% and I don't wanna start again! So does anyone have any idea why is my map crashing? I can send it to you if you wanna check it out.

EDIT: I suspect dogs are the reason for the crash (the ones you buy from Pet Shop) every time I did something with them map crashed, also the problem could be with the grunts near the Orcish Hall of Wisdom (South Hammer Chamipons) and their models.
EDIT2: Ok definitely something wrong with those dogs! I fought against an Ambusher (on the path to the main city) with multiple dogs and then I crashed.
When the dogs die the map crashes but not 100% of the time.

Last edited:
Level 13
you should actually know which trigger crashes and then post your trigger(s) here. If you do, we can help.

EDIT: I see you posted the map, but pls do not doublepost, you can( have to ) use EDIT button to edit.

EDIT2:
  • Creep Respawn
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to (==) Neutral Hostile
    • Actions
      • Custom script: local integer udg_i
      • -------- don't change this first line! - it is what lets it work. --------
      • -------- i is the dying creep's id --------
      • Set i = (Custom value of (Triggering unit))
      • -------- this wait value can be changed to anything you want --------
      • -------- at the moment all creeps will respawn after 30 sec. change it how you want, or make your own way to make it variable per creep type --------
      • Wait 100.00 seconds
      • -------- and this is the creep respawn --------
      • Unit - Create 1 creepType[i] for Neutral Hostile at creepLocation[i] facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
      • -------- we already have the data for the dying creeps id, so we just set the new creeps id to the old one's --------
      • Unit - Set the custom value of (Last created unit) to i
You are defining a local variable with an already existing global variable's name, that can be error prone

Level 3
you should actually know which trigger crashes and then post your trigger(s) here. If you do, we can help.

EDIT: I see you posted the map, but pls do not doublepost, you can( have to ) use EDIT button to edit.

EDIT2:
  • Creep Respawn
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to (==) Neutral Hostile
    • Actions
      • Custom script: local integer udg_i
      • -------- don't change this first line! - it is what lets it work. --------
      • -------- i is the dying creep's id --------
      • Set i = (Custom value of (Triggering unit))
      • -------- this wait value can be changed to anything you want --------
      • -------- at the moment all creeps will respawn after 30 sec. change it how you want, or make your own way to make it variable per creep type --------
      • Wait 100.00 seconds
      • -------- and this is the creep respawn --------
      • Unit - Create 1 creepType[i] for Neutral Hostile at creepLocation[i] facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
      • -------- we already have the data for the dying creeps id, so we just set the new creeps id to the old one's --------
      • Unit - Set the custom value of (Last created unit) to i
You are defining a local variable with an already existing global variable's name, that can be error prone

That worked perfectly fine since the start, oh and I didn't make the trigger I copied it from someones tutorial map for creep respawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.