• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fatal Error...again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
So... I am almost done with my map...So I tried to test it for the last time before it goes to beta, and I encountered fatal errors in multiple situations:
1. When I attempt to buy axes from the South Hammer starting area War Mill
2. When I cheat 50000 gold.
3. When I hire a dog from the Kingdom of Lothaleven starting zone, the fatal error occurs when one of those dogs die, but the chance is not 100% that the game will crash.
I am not an expert in map making and this is the first map that I've put some real effort into, so I can't figure out what the problem is.
So I ask you what could have gone wrong?
Oh and if you're interested in helping of the map creation (such as triggers, terrain, spell making etc.) just PM me.

Attachments

• My Map.w3x
    5.4 MB · Views: 98

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Well with no look into the map (sorry) there is some options reaching my mind:
  • Not enough ram
  • Windows aero is enabled
  • Trigger causes an infinite loop
  • Warcraft 3 not ran in compatibility mode
  • Try updating drivers
  • Reset wc3 ( http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/war3/other/war3.reg )
  • Weak power supply (PSU)
  • Low DRAM voltage

There's always a chance that restarting your computer fixes the problem, but I don't know about that in this situation. I hope you get it fixed. :)

You can also try google to help you with solving the problem.

Level 3
The only thing that is suspicious to me is the Trigger causing an infinite loop, I'm pretty sure everything else is fine.

Level 12
The only thing that is suspicious to me is the Trigger causing an infinite loop, I'm pretty sure everything else is fine.

this is where u use loops

• Cursed Village Night
    • Events
      • Game - The in-game time of day becomes Equal to 21.00
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Cursed Village 2 <gen> owned by Neutral Hostile) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Night Elf Druid Of The Claw - Bear Form
            • Else - Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Cursed Village <gen> owned by Neutral Hostile) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Night Elf Druid Of The Claw - Bear Form
            • Else - Actions
  • Cursed Village Day
    • Events
      • Game - The in-game time of day becomes Equal to 6.00
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Cursed Village 2 <gen>) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Night Elf Druid Of The Claw - Night Elf Form
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Cursed Village <gen>) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Night Elf Druid Of The Claw - Night Elf Form

why are you creating 2 regions for the cursed village ? make them 1
if you want to have villager at day time and a cursed villager at night time.. then do this with these 2 triggers

• Cursed Village Night
    • Events
      • Game - The in-game time of day becomes Equal to 21.00
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_Group = (Units in Cursed Village <gen>)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Temp_Group and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Replace (Picked unit) with a Footman using The old unit's relative life and mana
          • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_Temp_Group) [COLOR="YellowGreen"]/ / / this is for cleaning leaks[/COLOR]
i still don't know what caused the FE :p

remove this if you don't want to use it
  • Deathwing
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Animation - Change Unit flying height to 500.00 at 500.00
did you have a trigger related to the situations where you get FE ?

Level 12
There are a lot of strangely organised triggers and they leak like hell but I can't find anything which causes the error. There isn't a trigger connected with any of the mentioned events.

• Farm Defense
    • Events
      • Unit - Village Watch Tower 0105 <gen> Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) belongs to an enemy of Player 11 (Dark Green)) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 2 Tower Watcher for Player 11 (Dark Green) at (Position of (Dying unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
No I play WC3 fullscreen with aero enabled. I can alt+tab in WC3 no problem. I even played WC3, SC2 and chated on Hive Chat all at the same time and to my amazement none of them crashed (despite alt+tabbing between games directly).

However I am aware Windows Aero will crash Diablo II (full screen or not).

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

No I play WC3 fullscreen with aero enabled. I can alt+tab in WC3 no problem. I even played WC3, SC2 and chated on Hive Chat all at the same time and to my amazement none of them crashed (despite alt+tabbing between games directly).

However I am aware Windows Aero will crash Diablo II (full screen or not).

Well it has crashed with me on window mode so if hes using the jassnewgen editor that could be the problem since there's an option for it to test the map in a window.

Level 3
Well it has crashed with me on window mode so if hes using the jassnewgen editor that could be the problem since there's an option for it to test the map in a window.

I am using jassnewgen and everything is all right about the game running itself, but just try cheating 50000 gold and you will crash, same with buying items at South Hammer and with dogs from Pet Shop. That is the problem.

Edit: Seems like everything is fine till I cheat gold, but guess there will be no need for that in multiplayer so no worries about it :), still if someone can figure out why dogs from the pet shop cause error, please tell me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.