• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Fatal disease cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I've designed a simple trigger for my map to make fire spread from unit to unit, based on the Abomination's disease cloud. However, the effect will bring the unit down to 1 health and will not kill the unit like I want it to. I tried a trigger:
kill burning
Events
Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((((Triggering unit) has buff Burning) Equal to True) and ((Life of (Triggering unit)) Less than or equal to 1.00))) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Unit - Kill (Picked unit)

The trigger won't work. What am I doing wrong?

UPDATE:

Fire now spreads between and kills units beautifully, but I am having a related problem. The burning effect is added from the effect of a flamethrower, based on the Pandaren Brewmaster's Breath of Fire spell:

flamethrower
Events
Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Flamethrower
Actions
Unit - Add Burning to (Target unit of ability being cast)

It then spreads between units with this trigger:

fire spread
Events
Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Matching unit) has buff Burning) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Unit - Add Burning to (Picked unit)
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((((Matching unit) has buff Burning) Equal to True) and ((Life of (Matching unit)) Less than or equal to 1.00))) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Unit - Kill (Picked unit)

All that works fine, until I try to put the fire out. I have a spell to simulate a fire extinguisher, based on the Shaman's Purge spell:
fire extinguisher
Events
Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Fire Extinguisher
Actions
Unit - Remove Burning buff from (Target unit of ability being cast)
Unit - Remove Burning from (Target unit of ability being cast)

When the Fire Extinguisher spell is used on a unit that has been hit with a Flamethrower, it doesn't always work. If I use it within two or three seconds after the Flamethrower (while the Flamethrower spell is still casting), it will put out the fire just fine. But if I wait until after the Flamethrower has finished casting to begin casting the Fire Extinguisher, the Fire Extinguisher will remove the "Burning" ability from the unit, but not the buff, and one second later the Burning ability will come back and the unit will continue to take damage. Why isn't this working?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.