• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Fast-Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
man.. im talking about passive abilitys gained, how to select a big group of them, like if the spell like Thunder Clap it can be triggered - Event - Unit starts the effect of abilityy , but the passive abilitys like Unholy Aura and Critical Strike, how to know (what pereference) mark at them?

Level 1
hi

this is off the subject but how cum win i tell it to place stuff in randon spots it dus but in the same random spot evry time:wthumbsdown: cuz i wunt a map that will chang evry time you play

Level 29
The whole point of this topic is that he wants to detect an ability that doesn't have a buff. He's not wanting to use them.

If the ability doesn't have any buff or effects, there is no way to detect it.

Its like detecting a invisible thing without seeing invisible things ......

He could just use buffs that don't show anything to the players.

And last note, CDRbaby open your own threads and talk in english (and not in some gibrish-english form) if you want people to understand you.

Level 5
CDRbaby, seriously, you randomly popped into this person's thread and asked a question in some random language. Don't do it again.

To answer the main question, you can't. Evasion, Critical strike, Bash... they can't be detected. Bash can be detected if, on every single attack made, you check about 1 second later and they have the Bash stun buff... But without some psychotic attack detection system or any of that, or triggering the entire effects yourself, it can't be detected. Sorry.

Level 5
Auras are DIFFERENT from Critical Strike, Evasion, Bash, etc.

Auras GIVE OFF buffs! CS, E, B, etc. do NOT give off buffs, with the exception of Bash when it does fire, but you cannot detect that it has been cast without checking every attack for the proceeding buff.

If someone would like to prove me wrong and show that passive skills like Critical Strike, Evasion, Drunken Brawler, etc. DO give off buffs that can be checked for, then by all means do so. I'll admit my mistake and rep you.

Level 5
Ghostwolf, your test is meh.

This system works on ONE unit and one unit alone. Try this again with 5 or 6 heroes all with critical strike and a bunch more units. You'll see that this will not work right. Even if you modified it to be MUI it would be atrociously inefficient, assuming it worked right at all.

I half-lose. You proved that Crit-Strike does give off a buff. However, you cannot detect the direct casting of Critical Strike without a bad method such as this. Your method could cause some issues with more than one hero on the whole map using critical strike at the same time.

Conclusion: Does critical strike give off a buff? Yes.
Can you detect the casting of critical strike? Sort of. Not well, but yes.

Level 5
Because. You use a global variable, which is bad to begin with, but you also use a periodic timer event, which are taboo I guess. (I've discussed this find with other people).

I broke your system by simply adding 15 or so more murlocs and 5 more paladins. Once the paladins began crit-striking at the same time, the messages stopped showing up properly.

Level 29
Of course I never meant it to be exacly MUI, but its almost.
Units are not supposed to crit all the time.

I guess this can be MUI only with local variables which I know nothing about (I only know the name and that it does something like create a new trigger for each variable ?).

Level 5
Well, this system is rather lame since it's non-MUI and relies on buffs. Making a custom critical strike would be far better, due to the customization possibilities.

However, for the people who don't need such an elaborate system, this is an OK substitute.

Status
Not open for further replies.