• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fade Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hi !
I have a question ... i want to make a fade filter (black out) for a player if one of his units has a buff, or is in range of something ... i tried to make it myself but it seems i cannot find a way to make it fade in only for the players whose units have the buff or that are within range of <something> ...
Please help me ... TY !
~MA

P.S.: I'm not good at JASS but if the only way its via JASS i would ask if you can tell me a way to put the code in "Custom Script" in GUI ... TY !

Level 13
Try something like this

• Untitled Trigger 002
    • Events
      • unit does something..blah
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Custom script: if GetLocalPlayer() == GetTriggerPlayer() then
      • Custom script: call CinematicFadeBJ( bj_CINEFADETYPE_FADEOUTIN, 3.00, "ReplaceableTextures\\CameraMasks\\Black_mask.blp", 0, 0, 0, 0 )
      • Custom script: endif
You may need to address the triggering unit instead of triggering player, sorry didnt have time to test this but it should work or something close to it to try out. :)

Level 13
I just tried it out for a test and it worked, you just gotta decide how u want it to work now.
Like with time of it being black faded out etc. and when to fade back in.

this works as a player triggered test.
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing lol as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Custom script: if GetLocalPlayer() == GetTriggerPlayer() then
      • Custom script: call CinematicFadeBJ( bj_CINEFADETYPE_FADEOUTIN, 3.00, "ReplaceableTextures\\CameraMasks\\Black_mask.blp", 0, 0, 0, 0 )
And this will be triggered by a unit
  • entering Fountain
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit comes within 256.00 of No unit
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Custom script: if (GetLocalPlayer()==GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit())) then

Status
Not open for further replies.