• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Altered Melee] Faction Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 32
I'm making my first map and since I have very little knowledge on triggers and balancing, I'm starting on a small map.

Features:
  • QWER Hotkeys for units, heroes and unit producers.
  • Maximum level of 15
  • Summons benefit from upgrades, allowing them to stay relevant late game.
  • Elite units with hero attack and armor, spell resistance and immunity to doom, devour, possession, charm, transmute, etc.
  • Triggered spells and events
Faction Battle is my own series where you play as a random race in a random map, like Syndicate battling Risen in the barrens, Dark Iron Clan battling Undead Scourge in Outland or Scarlet Crusade battling Dragonmaw Clan in Stranglethorn Vale (because why not? :D). My first map in the series is Elywnn Forest (Map is based on the premade map Goldshire.).

To select a certain faction, choose its race then at the circles of power, choose the faction you want. For example, to choose Scarlet Crusade, select Human at the game lobby then choose Scarlet Crusade on the Neutral Evil circle of power.

Also, since Goldshire is a small map, there will be no air units (though the other maps will have them). This map is recommended for 2v2 or FFA. Any criticism, suggestions or feedback is greatly appreciated. I will upload the map soon when the heroes and other model problems have been solved.

Progress:
  • Terrain - 100%
  • Units - 10%
  • Heroes - 10%
  • QWER placement - 10%
  • Balance - 0%
  • AI - 0%
  • TRIGGERS - 5%
Terrain Screenshots:

Upper Expansion 2.png

Upper Expansion 1.png

Top-left expansion with a mercenary camp, a fountain and a defendable entrance.

Lower Expansion.png

Lower expansion with a mercenary camp.

Lion's Pride Inn.png

The tavern. Its only use is to revive heroes (though I may consider putting some random heroes).

Credits:

• Peacegetter
  • HappyTauren
  • Blood Raven
  • Ujimasa Hojo
  • Elf_Lord
  • kangyun
  • Wandering Soul
  • Ket
  • Mike
  • Kellym0
  • supertoinkz
  • Hayate
  • Orcish Spearthrower
  • Dojo
  • Whitedeath
  • -Grendel
  • People in Gamerisle for their moral support
  • People in Brigandshaven for their moral support
  • Svnms for assistance in triggers
  • Blizzard Entertainment for this map
  • Others who I have forgotten to put here

Last edited:

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

QWER hotkeys is very mature system.

So it's 2v2/FFA altered melee? Seems reasonable as a starting point to modding. You mention AI, I assume normal PvP is there as well? Note that AI isn't as easy to do as you might think, I would push for the release as PvP first then focus on AI.

Hoping to see you make progress in this.

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 32
I'm also trying to create a path system in this map and the future ones where players can choose more variation of their faction

Some example include:
  • Syndicate: Argus Wake - Kingdom of Alterac
  • Scarlet Crusade: Scarlet Onslaught - Crimson Legion - Risen
  • Argent Dawn: Assistance of the Ebon Blade - Assistance of the Earthen Ring
  • Druids: Gilneas - Native Kalimdor
  • True Horde: Ironmarch - Empowerment of Sha
  • Cult of the Damned: Military - Spider - Construct - Plague
  • Scourge: Fallen Nerubians - Dark'fallen - Zul'drak
  • Foraken: Sylvanas Windrunner - Putress - Calia Menethil
  • Dragonmaw Clan: Black Dragonflight - Shadow Council - Ironmarch
  • Dark Iron Dwarves: Twilight's Hammer - Council of the Three Hammers
  • Fel Horde: Shadow Council - Illidari - Magtheridon
  • Vrykul: Scourge - Burning Legion - Valarjar
  • Sentinels: Gilneas - Wardens
  • Draenei: Ashtongue - Exodar
Hoping to see you make progress in this.

Oh yes, though I have a very slow progress, thankfully, I found some help I could get.

Last edited:
Level 5
This looks mighty interesting. Can't wait to test the see how the new races act and feel. Also the path sistem is something interesting to look at it, but some of them seem a little out of place for my taste. But those screenshots of the Iron Horde look kind of okay. I'm always for imports of WoW models.

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 32
This looks mighty interesting. Can't wait to test the see how the new races act and feel. Also the path sistem is something interesting to look at it, but some of them seem a little out of place for my taste. But those screenshots of the Iron Horde look kind of okay. I'm always for imports of WoW models.

Sorry that was True Horde, I misspelled; Getting Iron Horde + all their clans properly would be hard so maybe it will be much later on.

Removed Race Screenshots, I had to fix Felwood Corruption because I realized it was out of place.

*I might need better models for units as that hero glow is annoying*

Anyway, here's some progress for the Scarlet Crusade

Base Units:

Base Units.png

Crimson Legion:

Crimson Legion.png

Scarlet Onslaught:

Scarlet Onslaught.png

I'll add Risen when I'm done with the models and skins...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.