• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Facing The Impossible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
minimaps.jpg

Created By: NightElf125

Description
In this game you get to choose between 7 Boss Paths that are from various anime and videogames. There is also a Boss path that includes custom bosses made by me. This game is very remniscent to the map Impossible Bosses, taking a lot of what made that map a success and making it better. The classes are from the various anime/videogames that the Boss Path's are, but that does not mean you are confined to choose characters solely based on your Path. You can choose a DBZ character in the WoW Path, or a Naruto character in the DBZ Path, etc... I feel this makes things really interesting, and kind of mixes the various types of games/animes together in a similar way that Videogame RPG does. I will probably get an equal amount of playable classes based on each Boss Path's world to make it feel like a Path isn't being neglected.
Features

• Hero Selection System
  • Damage Detection System that displays damage each player has done to the Boss, and damage overall
  • Customized Boss Threat System
  • Loads of triggered spells for the Bosses and playable characters/classes
  • Counterable Boss spells that players are able to stop from being casted.
  • Tons of custom models for spells and units
  • Music for the last boss of each Boss Path
  • Max of 8 players
  • Terrain for Boss Arena's that suit the mood for each Boss appropriately
  • Boss Item Loot System with tons of powerful items to help defeat Bosses
  • Custom Starting Area's based on each Boss Path chosen. Each suit the mood for the specific path chosen

Boss Paths

• DBZ
  • Naruto
  • World of Warcraft
  • Zelda
  • Final Fantasy
  • Mario
  • Custom

Classes

DBZ

• Goku
  • Piccolo
  • Vegeta
  • Gohan

Naruto

• Naruto
  • Sakura
  • Sasuke

Zelda
  • Link

World of Warcraft
  • Shaman
  • Worgen
  • Druid
  • Deathknight
  • Paladin
  • Rogue

Mario
  • Mario
  • Luigi
  • Peach
  • Yoshi

Custom
  • TBA

Below are a very small number of screenshots and glimpse at 4 of the bosses and 3 of the classes (Goku, Naruto, Death Knight). I will add more when I feel it's proper to.

Screenshots
startarea1.jpg

frieza1.jpg

cell2.jpg

lichking1.jpg

orokabuto1.jpg

pain1h.jpg

Current Status/Version: Alpha V2H

If you have any ideas, thoughts, or suggestions for the map, etc... come visit the forums and post in the appropriate category. I would love to hear any feedback you have. I would also appreciate feedback in this thread as well obviously. :wink:We have a clan already called Clan FTI on the U.S. EAST server. I am the Chieftain of the clan. :smile: Some of you who play Impossible Bosses may know us as an official IB clan that is in the loading screen, but we are also expanding that to be a clan for my map as well. Since my map is similar to IB, I've gotten very useful feedback from the various clan members in my clan about the map from their IB experiences and what they would like to see improved/implemented. I've also allowed some of a few trusted members to play the closed alpha tests I've been conducting to help eliminate bugs and balance the game. A public beta release will not be released until I feel it's of sufficient quality. I would also like to point out that I am going for a career in game development and this will be a side project that I will maintain for years alongside the other work that I do. WC4 will likely not come out for a long time so I aim to make this map the best as it can possibly be, and will remain dedicated to it for a long time.
Looking For
-People who are skilled in creating triggered spells or systems. Preferably GUI, but vJASS would be fine if it's user friendly and explained to me how to alter
-Idea people; people who can come up with ideas and relay them to me
-1 or 2 modelers would be nice to get some custom made models exclusively for our map
-Terrainer who can make the Bosses arena's as interesting, diverse and detailed as possible
-Trustworthy testers
-2D Artists
Stay tuned for further updates on the map in this thread.

Forums: http://s15.zetaboards.com/FacingTheImpossible/index/

Last edited:
Level 8
Still not any replies. o_o =p

I've decided to remove the Halo bosses category since there aren't too many bosses in the halo universe. However for now I have decided to keep Master Chief as a playable character since he's very popular and it could be interesting. Any other popular anime/videogames you guys think would be good for a new boss path?

Level 8
Haha, I've don't know much about one piece. However I have decided to replace Halo with Mario, and I've added the playable characters for it's path above on the main page.

Current Alpha version is V2E, and the changes so far in this version are:

-I've added the major feature of a restart function, which only lets you retry once, as well as a game-over function. Might be a couple bugs with it since it's a very complicated trigger in this map
-I've also added all 5 Mario characters and there respective models
-I've added a description of the hero when you have the hero selected, giving information such as Hero Name, Hero Type, Hero Abilities, and Hero Description.
-Removed some leaks/bugs
-Revised Rasenshuriken for Naruto to look more realistic and added a new model for it
-Fixed some of the spell tooltips

Level 8
List of changes so far in latest Alpha version V2H:

-New class: Rogue
-New Paladin "D" spell and Heal spell
-Upped Cell's 1st form damage to 400
-Removed Kamehameha from Goku and added it to Gohan
-Removed Earth Smash from Vegeta and added it to Goku
-Added default Human form to Worgen and Transform spell to transform into Worgen form
-Increased Shaman's Holy Blessing spell cooldown to 40 seconds, and lowered invul duration to 3 seconds
-Added Deathwing as a boss right after Lich King
-Added the Boomerang spell to Link
-Added the spell Kyuubi Rasengen to Naruto's Kyuubi Form
-Changed Piccolo's Divine Light spell to instantly restore targeted units full health, and upped cooldown to 70 seconds.

-Added a starting area for the Naruto Path
-Changed some of the arena's terrain
-Added chat over units which displays what they type in floating text
-Fixed 1 small leak

Major Features:
-Rank System added. Ranks are as follows: S, A, B, C, D, F, Pathetic. You gain different amounts of gold based on the difficulty selected and the rank you get after each boss fight. For Very Easy you also get awarded 1 karma point after each boss fight.

**Not all changes were documented since V2D and in this version**

At the end of the V2 Alpha versions, all major systems will be in place and I will focus on adding more spells for the units and bosses in the V3 Alpha versions, as well as adding more items.

Status
Not open for further replies.