• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Import] Eyes.blp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
CrystalGolem

Hi! The linked model's eye texture don't worked and don't work currently. I tried firstly in Alunde's city template map then after it, an empty blank-map. Do you any thoughts why the eyes.blp not working?
Thank you, if you can help.

Of course, I import it to the correct path, and not worked.

Level 39
Of course, I import it to the correct path, and not worked.
How do you know what the right path is? I don't see it listed anywhere in the model description, though I suppose you could (have) open(ed) it with Magos' to see what the path should be. You tried both Eyes.blp and war3mapimported\Eyes.blp?

It's possible part of the eye texture pulls from an in-game texture file that no longer exists either because of the MPQ -> CASC change or because the model was made in 2004 and something about the file it pulled from was changed since then.

I'm pretty sure the eyes is a dummy texture and shouldn't be imported. You see, back in the day, on wc3sear.ch, you had to include all the textures used by the model when uploading, even those already in the game. This lead to artists uploading dummy textures and instruct the users to delete those in the model description. But as you can see, the description of this model has been lost over time.

Edit: I think I'm remembering this wrong. It's been like 13 years. I believe wc3search did in fact recognize most MPQ textures. However, the database was not complete and from time to time you'd have to upload a dummy texture because the model used an MPQ texture not listed in the site's database.

Try importing the model without textures.
How do you know what the right path is? I don't see it listed anywhere in the model description
You click on "More Info".
Path is Abilities\Spells\NightElf\shadowstrike\Eyes.blp.

Last edited:
Level 8
though I suppose you could (have) open(ed) it with Magos' to see what the path should be. You tried both Eyes.blp and war3mapimported\Eyes.blp?
Yes, I tried every possible version of importing as well as I opened the model with the magos.

the model was made in 2004 and something about the file it pulled from was changed since then.
The model was worked two weeks ago and now it seems it working again, because I deleted the eyes.blp and add the eyes.blp from war3x.mpq. When I added the texture from the mpq, I attach it to the correct material. (Which means, the eyes is fine now)

Try importing the model without textures.
I just try it for fun and curiousity to see where it leads.

LATER EDIT: Ok, the model works now. Both ways is working.
I deleted the eyes.blp and add the eyes.blp from war3x.mpq. When I added the texture from the mpq, I attach it to the correct material. (Which means, the eyes is fine now)
and
war3campimported\Eyes.blp
You can see the proof: proof | HIVE

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.