• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

EXTREMLY IMPORTANT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
In most footmen frenzy games, units spawn at the start location.In my footies game, i have more than one spawner for each player. I would like to know how to make units spawn at other locations besides the start location. this is very frustrating and it is all i have left of my game.

Level 4
Unit create 1 unit for player 1 red at poistion of unit spawner001.

or:

Unit create 1 unit for player 1 red at centre of region000.

The top one is better if your doing no upgrades, but there are more advanced version which look for a specific unit type to spawn at. The second is better if your having upgrades but no spawn changes.

Level 4
U guys make it seem so simple. This is what i orginally had.

Spawn Ogre Warrior
Events
Time - Every 7.00 seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
If (((Region centered at ((Picked player) start location) with size (384.00, 384.00)) contains (Random unit from (Units owned by (Picked player) of type Ogre Den))) Equal to True) then do (Unit - Create 1 Ogre Warrior for (Picked player) at ((Picked player) start location) facing Default building facing degrees) else do (Do nothing)

As u can see it only creates at the player start location. With 4 bases per player, and only 1 start location per player im stuck. Ive tried tons of stuff but doesnt seem to work. Ur suggestions were helpful but dont really apply to my situation.

Level 6
I doubt he is using locals...

where it says:

"Unit - Create 1 Ogre Warrior for (Picked player) at ((Picked player) start location)"

you are going to have to replace "at((picked player) start location)"

to either a region or a different unit (your spawning bases)

of course you could always use arrays and make your trigger more streamlined, but that may become too complicated.

Level 5
events
every 7 seconds of game time

conditions
no conditions

actions
for (each integer A from 1 to 12)
if(unit type of (spawner[for loop integer A]) equal to (ogre spawner))
set point1 = position of (spawner[for loop integer A])
unit - create 1 ogre warrior for player[for loop integer A] at point1

//spawner[] is an array of units storing the building that spawns units for each player

Level 4
Spawn Footmen
Events
Time - Every 6.00 seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (If ((Unit-type of Spawner[(Integer A)]) Equal to Barracks) then do (Set Point1 = (Position of Spawner[(Integer A)])) else do (Unit - Create 1 Footman for (Player((Integer A))) at Point1 facing Default building facing degrees))

This is what i have and it doesnt work the veriable r:

Point1- Point no Array
Spawner- Unit Array 1

What is wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.