• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Extension] Advanced Damage Event

Level 4
The buff base is 'BNva' and the ability base is 'AIob'.

BNva is Volcano Area buff
AIob is Item Attack Frost Bonus

I couldn't tell you what ids are actually assigned to them in the script.

i have a question, if you use the attack frost bonus as this detection, it is a buff placer, do it stack with another items? like other buff-placer items?

thanks ^^

Level 17
The only good way is to make triggers for all the spells used in your map ( at least the ones which makes damages), this way you obviously know where the damages come from.
But yes it's a pain in the ass, though it will gives you more controls.
But maybe some natives damaged spells can't be made with triggers, at least some are hard to do.

BBQ

BBQ

Level 4
But maybe some natives damaged spells can't be made with triggers, at least some are hard to do.

Care to post definite examples of those "hard to softcode" hardcoded abilities?

Well, actually frozen breath/frost attack type abilities wouldn't work with this would they :\.

Nope, unfortunately, they wouldn't work properly with orbs and buff placers. But with a resource such as this one, triggering your orbs and buff placers shouldn't be hard. The way the stack is very rigged and limited by WC3 anyway.

And well, as you said, the practical application of a buff-based detector is very limited. There was once an idea brought up by a friend of mine that used a different, kind-of better (but just as, if not even more, limited...) method for accomplishing what this library does. I might actually pick it up and rewrite it someday.

BBQ

BBQ

Level 4
Both Shockwave and Carrion Swarm are very easy to softcode with a decent system that handles collision missiles.

But let's not derail this thread with such posts.

Level 17
Ok, make shockwave with triggers (including the same or so terrain deformation as the native one)
Anyway that was just the first in my head, i have not played wc3, nor opened the object editor since more than one year now.
It's obvious that some natives damaged spells are hard or even not possible to be re-made with triggers, just scroll all the abilities in the object editor.

End of flood for me.

BBQ

BBQ

Level 4
Ok, make shockwave with triggers (including the same or so terrain deformation as the native one)
Anyway that was just the first in my head, i have not played wc3, nor opened the object editor since more than one year now.
It's obvious that some natives damaged spells are hard or even not possible to be re-made with triggers, just scroll all the abilities in the object editor.

End of flood for me.

You ignore the fact that you don't have to trigger the entire Shockwave, only its damage.

And terrain deformations are ridiculous anyway.