• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Exodus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Yeah right, exodus. The Fog is too thick but if you can suggest a better fog, just tell me and if you have a better ship model please send me a link. So, this is supposed to be a naval battle but it became more peaceful, and I hate it. Anyways I need your suggestion for improving it.

Attachments

• 7.png
    7.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 190
Please try to tint down those bright trees, they look awkwardly ugly-licious right now.

You better add a center of focus Chen, perhaps you could make the ships to be that since you're aiming for Thrall's Exodus to Kalimdor.
Just stick with the zerus cliff instead of the mix between that and the felsen rocks.

There are way too many trees on that cliff overlooking the ship/s, better decide to go with something easier, as Keiji would say 'less is more'.
Also you gotta fix that water plane issue on the lower center part, looks alien-ish as of now.
Speaking of the sea, might be a good idea to add some kind of rowboats or ship debris, you know like something happened to the ships while leaving Lordaeron/or whatever land they came from.

As well as what I've said above you're also in need of some kind of background even if slightly mimicked, plus some better cloud work (maybe glows instead of them) to add further depth to the terrain.

Overall keep up the pace.

Last edited:
Level 10
ok, looks nice so far, but as Heinvers stated, you have some overlaps/gaps in the water planes in the front part (thats exactly why I hate it so much^^).

Also you might take the challenge and build the ship on your own from doodads. Just take a look at the HotN-development thread (just click the banner below) or at my HotN-terrain gallery (ok, my ship is a bit more steam punk-ish, but there are just missing sails).
If you want to try it that way, and you need some help/advice just contact me.

As for the water, you might want to take a look at Talavaj's modular manor/kingdom thread, somewhere there is a nice water texture tile, so you could even form waves just like you make hills (here).

Status
Not open for further replies.