• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Exodus: The Violet Gate - General Discussion Thread

Macielos

Hosted Project: W3E
Level 18
Official thread for discussion, bug reports and any feedback you can still have for our first campaign - Exodus: The Violet Gate.

There were already four big patches and as the campaign is basically finished, for now we diverted our focus on the sequel campaign. However, there may still be bugfixes, e.g. we still don't know what causes lags in Chapter 08 ;).

Of course, you can still post your feedback under the release post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 28
Really like the story on this one.

General:

Ranger's Penetrating Bolts upgrade tooltip says it drains mana, but once researched it's a passive (not that I'm complaining).

Doodad trees shouldn't be placed among harvestable trees, it just looks silly to have trees standing in the middle of stumps.

Orb of Decay doesn't seem to produce mutants at all. (edit: had an Orb of Fire at the same time, which caused the problem)

Second level:

Quest says you're supposed to defend Garithos' base from the west, shouldn't it be the east?

Balnazzar's Supporters -> Supporters isn't really evocative, maybe Minions or Servants?

So on my first playthrough I cleared out the red base first, and ended up missing all the bonus content since Garithos managed to clear out both bases without help. On my second playthrough, I left some red buildings standing, and Garithos still managed to clear out both bases. Dunno if that's intentional.

How far apart are the post-betrayal attack waves supposed to be? The second time I played it I managed to clear out the western edge of the map before one showed up (although I had cleared out the blue base before that).

Third level:

Thank you thank you thank you for not making the caravan move automatically. I would just suggest having the leader play a message whenever the caravan comes to a halt so it doesn't seem like he bugged.

The survivor's tents in the north are given to the player, but have no vision so they show up in the minimap but not the fog of war.

(grammar and spelling issues later, the text is mostly comprehensible)

Last edited:

Macielos

Level 18
Doodad trees shouldn't be placed among harvestable trees, it just looks silly to have trees standing in the middle of stumps.
Good luck persuading @Nyctaeus to do that xD.

Orb of Decay doesn't seem to produce mutants at all. (edit: had an Orb of Fire at the same time, which caused the problem)
Interesting, I didn't know the orb's effects are exclusive.

Quest says you're supposed to defend Garithos' base from the west, shouldn't it be the east?
Both actually :p. Throughout the mission we secure Garithos' east flank, but there is also a 10-minute-long part near the beginning when Garithos is away and we have to hold the attacks from the west too. I'll clarify that.

How far apart are the post-betrayal attack waves supposed to be? The second time I played it I managed to clear out the western edge of the map before one showed up (although I had cleared out the blue base before that).
The interval is a random between 120 and 360 seconds. It's not supposed to be too often as our main goal is to expand east and we only have one low-level hero.

Thank you thank you thank you for not making the caravan move automatically. I would just suggest having the leader play a message whenever the caravan comes to a halt so it doesn't seem like he bugged.
There should be a message from Reynart whenever he stops/moves the caravan + specific messages when it stops automatically because of an attack.

Last edited:
Level 28
I won't speak for those who prefer the QWERTY setup for non-Hero abilities, personally I don't like it (I'm used to regular hotkeys and don't have a QWERTY keyboard), but it really shouldn't be applied to buildings, especially when they're nearly the same as the regular ones.

Would it be possible for you to put all the custom text (dialogue, tooltips, loading screens etc.) in a single document and send it to me? It'd make correcting the text a lot easier.

Fourth level:

Raubritter -> Maybe Robber Knight or Robber Baron.

No comment about the ogres being their own faction rather than NH?

Aw man Enforcers are great! Shame we can't have those every level instead of Footmen.

Fifth level:

So I'm not sure how you trigger the dwarf reinforcements. I had Inaylia running around them but they stayed neutral, and they joined after she attacked the undead from the right.

Hunters don't get upgrades and can't be trained as far as I can tell.

Ughhhhh, timed defense missions. Bad enough that the attack waves come at the same time and that you still have to upgrade the castle, you inevitably lose your lumber income because it's right in the path of a wave.

Sixth level: Man this one was fun.

I found two Rings of the Archmagi, are they supposed to combine?

Macielos

Level 18
I won't speak for those who prefer the QWERTY setup for non-Hero abilities, personally I don't like it (I'm used to regular hotkeys and don't have a QWERTY keyboard), but it really shouldn't be applied to buildings, especially when they're nearly the same as the regular ones.
Well, it's a matter of preference. I think once you're used to QWER, you'd like to have them everywhere. But standard orders like stop and attack are where they used to be.

Reforged solved this dilemma by choosing keyset in the options - either QWERASDFZXCV for everything, or the standard Blizz one - so you'll be able to choose in our next campaigns.

Would it be possible for you to put all the custom text (dialogue, tooltips, loading screens etc.) in a single document and send it to me? It'd make correcting the text a lot easier.
Nah, sorry, copying back and forth would take much more time than actual corrections. We already made several iterations of going through the dialogs to correct any typos and grammar errors, but with the amount of dialogs and descriptions, there may always be something we missed, like "catch up the wounded" instead of "patch up the wounded" that withstood all the patches and someone pointed that out to us just before Jayborino's playthrough :p. Of course, we'll keep fixing the ones you post here as long as you have patience to do so.

Raubritter -> Maybe Robber Knight or Robber Baron.
I actually like the name Raubritter, sounds cool and was used in some historic novels I read. There are not many names of German origin in WC3, so that's something fresh.

No comment about the ogres being their own faction rather than NH?
They're actually creeps, just with color and faction name for visual identification as we meet them in several maps.

Aw man Enforcers are great! Shame we can't have those every level instead of Footmen.
They're high tier unit like knights, so that would be odd ;).

Fifth level:

So I'm not sure how you trigger the dwarf reinforcements. I had Inaylia running around them but they stayed neutral, and they joined after she attacked the undead from the right.
I changed that condition several times as they often joined the battle too early, the player was busy and had trouble to defend them. I think now they join if you either kill the undead units at the base' entrance (so you have mostly buildings left) or enter some region east from the base.

Hunters don't get upgrades and can't be trained as far as I can tell.
Yeah, we can only save those two that were with Eldin, we can't have more until we make contact with the Enclave. I'll check their upgrades, I think they should have them unlocked.

Ughhhhh, timed defense missions. Bad enough that the attack waves come at the same time and that you still have to upgrade the castle, you inevitably lose your lumber income because it's right in the path of a wave.
Well, you have to decide whether to defend this extra entrance or to sacrifice you wood income. Defence lasts 10 minutes only, so there's not much room for expansion.

Sixth level: Man this one was fun.

I found two Rings of the Archmagi, are they supposed to combine?
Yes, most of loot in all missions is randomized, so there is a slight chance you'll get the same item several times.

Level 2
the campaign was running fine untill chapter 8 (I thoroughly enjoyed the campaign especially mission 4 it was amazing) then it started lagging a lot and I could no longer play it , eventually it just stopped loading the map and gave me unexpected error prompt which for some reason ended up happening to the rest of the maps in the game (including other campaigns custom or not)
I had to install patch 1.27a since it's one of the few patches that run smoothly but the campaign doesn't show up in the custom campaign tab anymore ( I did move it to the campaign folder) and I was wondering if there was a way I could play it on 1.27a (tried splitting the maps but gave up because java refuses to work on my computer) or if u could send me the splitted maps and I would put them in the map tab instead to be able to play

Macielos

Level 18
the campaign was running fine untill chapter 8 (I thoroughly enjoyed the campaign especially mission 4 it was amazing) then it started lagging a lot and I could no longer play it , eventually it just stopped loading the map and gave me unexpected error prompt which for some reason ended up happening to the rest of the maps in the game (including other campaigns custom or not)
I had to install patch 1.27a since it's one of the few patches that run smoothly but the campaign doesn't show up in the custom campaign tab anymore ( I did move it to the campaign folder) and I was wondering if there was a way I could play it on 1.27a (tried splitting the maps but gave up because java refuses to work on my computer) or if u could send me the splitted maps and I would put them in the map tab instead to be able to play
Hey, sorry for your troubles. This mission has performance issues since the release and I haven't figured out the exact cause yet, apart from the fact they are AI-related and they stop after you destroy 1-2 Forsaken bases. It's also difficult to reproduce the problem because apparently I have too good PC and the lag is barely noticeable on it.

The problem with maps not loading at all seem unrelated. I would start with checking log files (Warcraft III/Logs directory). You can also try reinstalling the game, verifying game data files or clearing up some local game files.

Installing older versions is very unlikely to help. The campaign doesn't show as it was made for patch 1.31. We've never launched the campaign on older patches, there would probably be lots of compatibility issues, so please stick to 1.31.

In the worst case, use whosyourdaddy cheat and clear out 1-2 nearest Forsaken bases at the mission start until the lag stops.

Level 28
Eighth level:

Word of Glory: Buff is called Words of Glory, tooltip says Words of Power.

The airlifted abomination immediately tries to head north instead of fighting.

Inner Light has the same icon as Inner Fire. And presumably it's based off of it so they can't be stacked on a unit.

Problem with the "chasm" doodad: units "sink" into it so only their life bars are visible.

Valena's corpse rises up as with other revivable heroes.

Level 28
Bonus level: Man am I stuck on this one, every time I start attacking another base is the signal for a different attack wave to reach mine. Maybe set them further apart?
- OK, managed to take out the north base, but only because the green attack wave on my base took out a scout tower and left, their hunger for carnage sated.
-- Beat it, three days of intense save-scumming later.

What is supposed to happen regarding the storms? I haven't noticed any debuffs or anything while fighting in them.

Cleanser Adept tooltip says they get Cleanse instead of Healing Bond.

Town Hall has Call to Arms but it doesn't work with Engineers. Maybe make it a Battle Stations ability instead?

Final cinematic: those ore buckets are just hanging in midair.

Macielos

Level 18
Bonus level: Man am I stuck on this one, every time I start attacking another base is the signal for a different attack wave to reach mine. Maybe set them further apart?
Like in every macro map, you need to have a proper defence of your base before sending attacks and scout ahead to spot incoming attacks earlier. Also town portal scrolls are very useful in reacting to attacks on your outlying bases.

What is supposed to happen regarding the storms? I haven't noticed any debuffs or anything while fighting in them.
During the storm your organic units take damage over time when in the open ground. You can easily recognize areas affected by the storm by snowy weather effects.

Final cinematic: those ore buckets are just hanging in midair.
Well, lorewise there is obviously a ceiling somewhere upwards :p.

Level 2
So I wanted to ask you if your next campaign is still gonna be playable on 1.31? also wondering if you have a discord server of your own for the campaign series (or your other works) ?
and for the hammer and anvil mission is there a way the map would stop zooming out everytime I am in the dwarven base it drove me nuts 😂

Macielos

Level 18
So I wanted to ask you if your next campaign is still gonna be playable on 1.31?
Sorry, it will be on Reforged. 1.31 doesn't have all the scripting functions we're using.

also wondering if you have a discord server of your own for the campaign series (or your other works) ?
Nope. We're thinking of it, but for now Hive remains our main channel of communication.

and for the hammer and anvil mission is there a way the map would stop zooming out everytime I am in the dwarven base it drove me nuts 😂
Well, it was supposed to make things easier because without it camera overlapped the cliff :p. Maybe it could be switchable by some chat command.

Level 28
Eighth level:

Intro: Do I detect the slightest hint of bitterness at WoW plotlines?

I don't know if it's intentional or not, but I had one ogre and two undead attack waves hitting my base at the same time.

After freeing Mug'thol, the channeling sound keeps playing at that location.

Mug'thol still has the mind control debuff after being freed.

Does anything change if you spare the marauders guarding the ships (I bought ships via flyers)? After clearing out all the bases both allies ping them and send troops there, leading to the amusing spectacle of orange Alteraci clustering around brown Alteraci while the ogres tried to get at them.

Fist of Humanity's item description is too long for its space.

There should be multiple leaderboards for the caravans if they're triggered before all of the previous refugees make it through.

Last edited:

Macielos

Level 18
Eighth level:

Intro: Do I detect the slightest hint of bitterness at WoW plotlines?
Of course not, we show only deep respect towards Blizz's excellent writing. How could you even say so? :p

I don't know if it's intentional or not, but I had one ogre and two undead attack waves hitting my base at the same time.
Enemy AIs act independently from each other, so yeah, there is a slight chance their attack waves will arrive at the same time.

After freeing Mug'thol, the channeling sound keeps playing at that location.

Mug'thol still has the mind control debuff after being freed.
Will check. I thought I fixed these somewhere around 2.03/2.04.

Does anything change if you spare the marauders guarding the ships (I bought ships via flyers)?
Unfortunately not, except you may feel better about yourself :p.

After clearing out all the bases both allies ping them and send troops there, leading to the amusing spectacle of orange Alteraci clustering around brown Alteraci while the ogres tried to get at them.
Hm, the ogres could in theory attack them, but Syndicate is neutral towards them, so that's strange.

There should be multiple leaderboards for the caravans if they're triggered before all of the previous refugees make it through.
You can have only one leaderboard active at the same time. I planned to rework them into tables one day like I did with the villages in chapter four, but so far laziness got the better of me.

And FINALLY I fixed the lag in chapter 08. It was because of Dark Blue Forsaken player not having a gold mine. No idea why it happened because I specifically assigned 0 workers to gold in the AI + there are other AIs without goldmines working just fine, but whatever.

Last edited:
Level 2
And FINALLY I fixed the lag in chapter 08. It was because of Dark Blue Forsaken player not having a gold mine. No idea why it happened because I specifically assigned 0 workers to gold in the AI + there are other AIs without goldmines working just fine, but whatever
is the current patch updated with this change or do we have to wait a bit for it ? also I can't stress how much I love this campaign the story ,the terrain , the maps and the characters are just amazing , pretty sure I played mission 4 like 7 times already my only complain is that I want a lumber spot outside of the starting town so I don't ruin the cozy feeling I got from it . is the plot completely fanfiction or was there like something from WoW that is similar?
is there anything new in hardmode except the maps being tougher ? like new items or( hopefully not) a second bonus chapter (I am counting 17 maps and campaign says 18) ?

Nyctaeus

Level 18
is the current patch updated with this change or do we have to wait a bit for it ? also I can't stress how much I love this campaign the story ,the terrain , the maps and the characters are just amazing , pretty sure I played mission 4 like 7 times already my only complain is that I want a lumber spot outside of the starting town so I don't ruin the cozy feeling I got from it . is the plot completely fanfiction or was there like something from WoW that is similar?
is there anything new in hardmode except the maps being tougher ? like new items or( hopefully not) a second bonus chapter (I am counting 17 maps and campaign says 18) ?
Worldbuilding of Exodus is a mix of WoW stuff processed by us and our own, original ideas. Main story is entirely our own thing. We don't want to necessarily contradict WoW if we don't have to, but we never wanted to re-create WoW in WC3, like many campaign makers do.

Macielos

Level 18
is the current patch updated with this change or do we have to wait a bit for it ?
It's not released yet, but will be in a matter of days. Hopefully before Jay plays that map (unless he plays ahead, then we're screwed).

is the plot completely fanfiction or was there like something from WoW that is similar?
We take some concepts, e.g. cosmology (Light, Void, Fel etc.), but the plot is unique and independent. We try to make it darker, deeper, more political and with more moral greyness in comparison to WoW. In a way, we present how the universe could be expanded alternatively to Shadowlands, demonic spaceships, alternate realities and turning main heroes and villains into flat, foolish, over-emotional children.

is there anything new in hardmode except the maps being tougher ?
There are no completely new segments or enemies, but apart from enemies having stronger heroes and more upgrades and abilities, some fragments are differently balanced, e.g. periodically spawned enemies are spawned much more frequently.

like new items or( hopefully not) a second bonus chapter (I am counting 17 maps and campaign says 18) ?
There's a hidden map which is not accessible unless you enable it in editor. It's simply our playground for placing and testing stuff. I dare you not to open it to see how Solymus' ult is called :p.

Last edited:
Level 28
For what it's worth, I didn't experience any lag on the 8th level.

Ninth level:

The enforcer starts talking about Margoth before he's actually rescued, or even if you leave him possessed.

Pre-reveal:

Rescuable units have the mind control debuff (and are friendly so it can't be removed), though they lose it when rescued.
--(after the cutscene) Ah. Makes sense, but it's a bit spoilery.

Attacking the barricade archers from the south can attract the attention of a cleric, who will heal the archers... and then your units.

Post-reveal:

Hey! I legitimately removed the mind control from that talking enforcer, he should stay with me.

If you don't rescue them pre-reveal, the skirmisher and axeman on the eastern edge of the map still get rescued after their team turns hostile (instead of needing to dispel the mind control).

While dispelling Margoth, Eldin sometimes casts spells on the Alteraci (after getting Firebolted) before going back to Margoth.

Channeling sound still plays after Margoth is rescued.

Well that was fun (she actually got killed with no instruction on my part, being surrounded by so many angry horsemen), I almost pity her getting hit with nearly 200 food's worth of units.

Almost.

Level 28
Four days (or according to the scorescreen, three hours) later, finally the tenth level (game keeps freezing when trying to load or even quit, even after winning):

The resource scoreboard is visible from the start of the mission.

Inaylia isn't looking at Hrell during their meeting cutscene.

Dropships should not cost food if they have no attack (also, giving up a sixth of available food for a sidequest?).

Brought a Miner to the NW and he had the Possessed debuff (and ability). I didn't look but it might have been that he got dropped off as the dropship changed owner.

I love the gunships, but their anti-air is frankly disappointing. Maybe make it like phoneix fire (which would go well with Napalm)?

Enemies seem to have trouble pathfinding, several times I've seen grey attack waves just sitting on a coastline or a single grey gargoyle attacking the base because the rest of the wave was stuck.
  • Other times single green gargoyles went to attack the NW base ignoring the gunships going the other way (not that I'm complaining), sometimes barges drop a single ghoul.
  • On one run I didn't destroy the initial red base, after rescuing the gunships I was attacked by what seemed to be every single enemy in sequence (as in, I finish one wave off and get told I'm under attack by the next one), and after that zero attacks whatsoever on the dwarf base (like they completely forgot I was there) until I started attacking the green base.
-- During that same run, I had things like the Dark Ranger and her attack wave running into my base to Charm a unit, completely ignoring the defenses until she'd done that.

Sniper Tower has 700 range, not exactly "long range" if it's the same as a guard tower.

Would have been nice to see move Forsaken/Scourge battles, I only saw a single one that wasn't scripted.

First use of napalm drop: ah, the classics. Shame it lasts longer than the actual bombing, but still fun.

... Forsaken production time seems along the lines of 5 seconds for a vulture rider, is that about right?

Last edited:

Macielos

Level 18
The resource scoreboard is visible from the start of the mission.
That's because of joint unit control with the dwarves. As far as I recall, something was not working when I tried to enable it mid-mission via triggers.

Dropships should not cost food if they have no attack
Well, dropship in Starcraft also costs food. It is an element of the offensive even if it doesn't attack directly. I felt it would be more balanced this way. But you can still hire goblin zeppelins that cost no food, if only you find the lab.

Actually, I even had a revolutionary idea to make a tower cost 1 food as it has attack, can be amassed and even used on the offensive (and sometimes needs to, as every Arkain player knows), but the top normie player in our two-member team was radically against it.

(also, giving up a sixth of available food for a sidequest?).
Yes, the main purpose of rising food cap is to provide space for the gunships as player most likely has a full army in a moment he can build them.

I didn't look but it might have been that he got dropped off as the dropship changed owner.
There is a hack to prevent us from losing units if we deliver Aldgrim a dropship with cargo. If so, the dropship just casually turns back and unloads units nearby.

I love the gunships, but their anti-air is frankly disappointing. Maybe make it like phoneix fire (which would go well with Napalm)?
Then they would be OP with no real counter. They are flying artillery, devastating against ground targets and structures, but vulnerable to enemy flyers.

Enemies seem to have trouble pathfinding, several times I've seen grey attack waves just sitting on a coastline or a single grey gargoyle attacking the base because the rest of the wave was stuck.
  • Other times single green gargoyles went to attack the NW base ignoring the gunships going the other way (not that I'm complaining), sometimes barges drop a single ghoul.
Yeah, AI is very buggy and sluggish when it comes to crossing unwalkable areas via dropships. AI simply sents an attack wave on foot and when it can find no path, it sends a dropship to pick them up... but sometimes it doesn't. Or the dropship drops them in some random spot. I have no real solution for that, apart from sending these attacks entirely via triggers.

• On one run I didn't destroy the initial red base, after rescuing the gunships I was attacked by what seemed to be every single enemy in sequence (as in, I finish one wave off and get told I'm under attack by the next one), and after that zero attacks whatsoever on the dwarf base (like they completely forgot I was there) until I started attacking the green base.
AI usually attacks both bases, randomly or taking the closer one, but there's no strict mechanism to guarantee that in standard AI, so sometimes they might focus on one of them.

Sniper Tower has 700 range, not exactly "long range" if it's the same as a guard tower.
I didn't want it to outrange artillery ;). It's "snipery" is a chance for extra damage and stun, like Enclave's Marksman.

Would have been nice to see move Forsaken/Scourge battles, I only saw a single one that wasn't scripted.
Well, same as above - standard AI usually prioritizes the player, nothing to do about it. That's why I added those scripted flyer attacks.

First use of napalm drop: ah, the classics. Shame it lasts longer than the actual bombing, but still fun.
Heh, originallly it was a secret that required 5 gunships to drop napalm at the same time. Then I thought it's too cool to be so easily missed, so I reduced it to 3, than to one, but still people e.g. on YT playthroughs keep missing it.

... Forsaken production time seems along the lines of 5 seconds for a vulture rider, is that about right?
Shiet, it had 1-second-long build time. Fixed, thanks for noticing.

Level 28
In that case, how about making the requirement "5 dropships and/or zeppelins"? Without necessarily mentioning the lab.

Re: gunship anti-air: Honestly it could just as easily be removed, I had nine ships struggling to take out a single gargoyle. But oh well.

Two more:

The gunship shield protects from Web but not Ensnare.

Maybe [the camera] could be switchable by some chat command.

YES PLEASE, having a permanently elevated camera would be a huge help during the mission, especially when approaching an enemy base and you can't see half your units.

Level 28
Eleventh level: I've yet to actually beat it, but here's a few things I noticed:

• Moloch Active countdown timer stays when the corresponding Moloch is killed.
  • Gryphons should have Magic attack instead of Piercing to deal with the Molochs.
  • Camera should have a "high" setting on this level as well due to the flyers and low-lying terrain.

I realize it's extra work, but for increased replayability, maybe consider letting the player choose which faction (Alterac, Enclave, Alliance) to play as.

Macielos

Level 18
  • Gryphons should have Magic attack instead of Piercing to deal with the Molochs.
That's where the gunships roll in.

• Camera should have a "high" setting on this level as well due to the flyers and low-lying terrain.
These rifts around Lonely Ridge are actually only slightly lower than the keep itself, it's just not visible because of the alpha tile.

I realize it's extra work, but for increased replayability, maybe consider letting the player choose which faction (Alterac, Enclave, Alliance) to play as.
For now it would require too much rebalance and rearrangements of the map, e.g. Enclave player has no goldmine and very little space to build. Also these factions are a bit unbalanced - only the Alliance has air units, and Alterac faction lacks hotkeys, upgrades and some other things to be playable. But I like this idea a lot and I may return to it in some shape one day, possibly if one day I decide to make this so wanted Alteraci bonus chapter :p.

Nyctaeus

Level 18
In fact we're recently discussing which parts of WoW we want to emancipate in Exodus timeline, but revealing it at this point would possibly spoil some things about possible acts 3 and 4 of Exodus. We know for sure that WoD and Shadowlands are excluded from Exodus timeline. Dragonflight is completely irrelevant for the main Warcraft plotline, and written by... Offensively unqualified people. New incarnation of Alextrasza is like the worst character ever written by Blizzard... So we see no point in including this mess either.

I know that whatever WoW stuff we may incorporate, is likely to be rewritten to suit our needs. Like Nathanos.

Level 2
Bug report (I think?):
I've been replaying some levels, namely chapter eleven. I've been getting error messages quite often that crash my game and I have to restart it. I don't know what might be causing this. Some of the crashes seem to be tied to events in the missions at a certain time, that work fine if I restart the whole mission. For example on one play-trough of chapter eleven, I had a save about 30 seconds before a crash when the second big wave of enemies starts coming in (the one from the east caves). No matter how many times I reload my save and replay that section, no matter what I do, it always crashes at 16:02 minutes remaining when the wave reaches my base... I was getting those before too, but rarely, and I had accepted that it's probably just WC3 problem stuff, it wasn't bothering me that much, but it has been getting more frequent lately. I'm playing on version 1.31. Error message just says "an unexpected error has occurred" and closes the game. Anyone have similar problems or any idea what I can do to fix?

Macielos

Level 18
Bug report (I think?):
I've been replaying some levels, namely chapter eleven. I've been getting error messages quite often that crash my game and I have to restart it. I don't know what might be causing this. Some of the crashes seem to be tied to events in the missions at a certain time, that work fine if I restart the whole mission. For example on one play-trough of chapter eleven, I had a save about 30 seconds before a crash when the second big wave of enemies starts coming in (the one from the east caves). No matter how many times I reload my save and replay that section, no matter what I do, it always crashes at 16:02 minutes remaining when the wave reaches my base... I was getting those before too, but rarely, and I had accepted that it's probably just WC3 problem stuff, it wasn't bothering me that much, but it has been getting more frequent lately. I'm playing on version 1.31. Error message just says "an unexpected error has occurred" and closes the game. Anyone have similar problems or any idea what I can do to fix?
Damn, these ones are the worst. One of the reasons we migrated to Reforged with Exodus 2.

Try looking into logs folder, maybe there's something useful there from the moment of the crash.

If it's the swarm, then maybe the spawned enemies get stuck somewhere? You can check it with iseedeadpeople cheat. But this shouldn't crash the game, triggers are written in a way that there is never more than a particular number of enemies at the same time.

You can also upload the save file you mentioned.

And sorry for late response.

Level 2
It might be just me but i seem to remember playing the first level of Exodus in such an early stage, when Reynalt was still only a modified captain...might be just my memory playing tricks on me, but still... That must have been at least ten or fifteen years ago? :D
Well i played it out now all the way through. Excellent thing you have put on the table. :D

I missed out on Alteraci Lament but found everything else and at one time due to a reload i might have screwed with the Orb of Decay spawn i think. Should have just restarted maybe. :D

Last edited: