• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Exam Reviewing Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on your studying mechanism...

I for one doesn't like reviewing, I fall asleep within 30 minutes when I'm reviewing...

My professors suggest reviewing on the actual time frame where you exam will be... so if the exam is during the night, review during the night... mainly so that your brain will be accustomed to being used for acads during that time...

Level 6
It depends on your studying mechanism...

I for one doesn't like reviewing, I fall asleep within 30 minutes when I'm reviewing...

My professors suggest reviewing on the actual time frame where you exam will be... so if the exam is during the night, review during the night... mainly so that your brain will be accustomed to being used for acads during that time...

Well good to know we are just the same.. fall asleep.. :ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 30
My exam reviewing tips is "Don't make exam reviewing tips"

Stressing your brain over an exam will definitely make it worse, ever heard of memory block? So the better solution for that is just studying the topics day by day before the exam day really starts.

That's how I roll. :thumbs_up:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I thought one revised for exams. Well maybe unless you are doing English where your exam could be something silly like reviewing a book.

Just stuff as much of it in your head as you can. Well as long as it is not control theory as that becomes a mess and will likely fry your brain.

yeah, just stuff it into your brain when your professor discusses it... and hopefully your brain can pull it off on the exam... if not, then you need to work on your retention...

Knowledge integration and long-term retention and stuff will help you more on the long run... I know of "intelligent" people who aces exams and so gets exempted from the final exam (which is basically a test of your knowledge integration skills), and when you ask them, the main reason why they strive hard to Ace exams is because they don't have long-term retention, meaning they know they will fail or will need to review A LOT if they take something like the final exam... and if you ask them about those topics after the semester, they can't answer it anymore...

now if you can work on your integration and retention, that will be much more helpful

1. make notes throughout the term/semester. avoid making ur notes 1 week before the exam.
2. make notes efficiently. keep them tidy, highlight/underline important bits of info u'll particularly need. make sure all ur notes cover all aspects of ur subject's criteria/course requirements/syllabus. u can use a laptop if it helps, but they can be distracting.
3. start reading through ur notes weekly, and as u approach 3 weeks before the exam date start reading daily. trust me, rote learning works.
4. start doing test papers or review questions 1 week before the exam.
5. obviously this advice doesnt work for some subjects; they work for mainly content-heavy subjects like science, math, commerce etc. they wont apply to things like art, music etc.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
1. make notes throughout the term/semester. avoid making ur notes 1 week before the exam.
2. make notes efficiently. keep them tidy, highlight/underline important bits of info u'll particularly need. make sure all ur notes cover all aspects of ur subject's criteria/course requirements/syllabus. u can use a laptop if it helps, but they can be distracting.
3. start reading through ur notes weekly, and as u approach 3 weeks before the exam date start reading daily. trust me, rote learning works.
Who on earth uses notes in 2014?! I have not taken notes for the last 3 years and certainly have not taken any this year. Currently doing a Masters degree.

Level 23
I don't study for grades, I take down notes for the grades and to pass. Notes are a part of the "requirements" for you to pass. So, yea.

I really haven't found the need to study most of my lessons since I do listen in discussions and am a fast learner. Though there are times that I fall asleep during the discussion and have to study. :con:

actually, it's based on your studying style, some prefer listening, some prefer writing, some prefer direct experiment < easiest to hardest one in my opinion.
think which suits you the best, I to be honest review exam 1 week or the night when the exam is going to be run (or no reviewing, in a sample case is this try out I have today, I ain't review any of the material the teacher taught me). I prefer listening over the rest to be honest.

Notes are a part of the "requirements" for you to pass. So, yea.

such a sad life... I do hope your teachers realize that people have different effective learning methods... and will remove taking notes as a "requirement"

especially if ur not gonna study it anyways, it just becomes a waste of your energy + a waste of any other resource ur using to take down notes... especially if ur using paper...

try it, tell your teachers that it's a waste of your own energy + whatever resources that are used up like paper (make it look like coming from a true environmentalist)... they shouldn't be as dumb as to not realize the implications of that...

Status
Not open for further replies.