• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Evolution TD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
=-=-= About Me =-=-=

I am a first time mapmaker. I have much expeirence with the WE, simply because I have messed with it so much. Gameplay constants, advanced options, proficent /w the object editor, etc. My terrain, when I really work at it, is better than average, but only for decoration, not for too much purpose like the lines, paths, etc. in a TD.

I want to make a TD for a few reasons. I liked the genre, most all of it, like Gem TD (Bryvx), Wintermaul (y'all know ;), and Artifact TD (Someone...), and I wanted to leave my mark on it. Secondly, because I came up with a profoundly different idea that hasn't been done before. Third... I like pie. Go eat some pie, Wasowski!

=-=-= EVOLUTION TD =-=-=

Customization. That's what this TD is all about. When I'm through (and my team. I'll need a team, definently), I'm hoping this will be a game of nigh on endless possibilities. But to have that, I'll need your help... Read on.

You start with an array of basic creatures, all slightly different from each other. These creatures can then evolve into a pool of different creatures. This pool, Tier 2 if you will, will have a greater number of evolutions than Tier 1. And so on. You could pick Creature T1a (Tier 1 A Tower) and upgrade it into T2k (Tier 2 K Tower), but also get a T1c into a T2a, depending on what upgrades are available to it. As the towers get stronger, they begin to specialize into certain niches, which each have their own place. For example, a T5b tower could have a cold effect, making it ideal for slowing incoming creeps down, while a tower in the same tier could have a multishot damage effect. While this is all hypothetical at the moment, I am hoping this becomes a reality.

=-=-= How YOU can help! =-=-=

Like the idea? Want to help out? Go to my thread in the Project Recruitment forum (Click Me!) and tell me! I need the following areas of expertise (of amatuer-tise, xD):

-Advanced Terraining: Being able to incorporate a beautiful enviroment into a fully functional TD area.
-Current Members
o
o

-Coding: This TD will more than likely need some unique, coded spells, so anyone who would like to join the team for THAT is welcome. I don't know much about coding spells and the like, but I've heard JASS is good.
-Current Members
o
o

-Idea Generator: This TD is going to use ALOT of towers, more than likely utilizing over 100 unique objects and units, so we will need a vast respository of ideas to choose from.
-Current Members
o
o

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Is this big for a first project? Yes. Is that the way I like it? Yes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.