• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Evil Dead Demon (No imports)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
A no imports with a bit of shrub spam and a dash of hidden materials, marinated in questionable lighting and worrying reflections for half an hour, serves one. :thumbs_up:

Got the map here too because I think it looks better via world editor than when I print screened. Just go to Cinematic camera with Game View Settings.

Any advice on improvements would be great, and feel free to improve it yourself with the map :wink:

Attachments

• TheDemon.jpg
    TheDemon.jpg
    845.7 KB · Views: 384
  • ScreenshotDemon.w3x
    49.8 KB · Views: 78
Level 6
I think I sunk the body into the ground a bit to make it look as if the demon has been dead for a while, so that meant a flatter looking body, legs are splayed out around the body.

Now that I say it, he doesn't look particularly dead.
Hmmm, lets say he's just waking up ^^

Level 6
Woo rep :D
Thanks! :thumbs_up:

I think it actually helps to use no imports occasionally, cos it limits the vast array of doodad choices, which can sometimes make it easier.

But that may be because I fooled around on non-UTM doodads a lot more than with the UTM ones.

Level 6
I really love maps without imports, because as it has
been said before you have to make hard choices.
So you need to think about what doodad could be abused
for your terraining plans...
Using the moon reflections from the sky setting - well done!
Also the postioning of the demon and the light effects creates
a great atmosphere.
Only thing I would add are some doodads to cover up the
straight shoreline.

Status
Not open for further replies.