• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Event Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I got a few questions.

#1.) Is there a trigger or varible that has when a unit enters a position of unit with a (width,hight)? I know there is but like i need it so it'll be the triggering unit of a different trigger that turns this trigger on.

#2.) why would a unit varible not work for a hyperlinked Unit.

(The first one is more important)

Edit: Thats the problem. I need to use the triggering unit from the last trigger....

• Frozen Shock Turn on
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) has buff Frozen Shock Buff ) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn on Trigger
  • Frozen Shock
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Trigger = (This trigger)
      • Set Unit = (Triggering unit)
This is the trigger i need help with...

Edit #2: I'm making a skill where a unit gets close to another unit and gets hit with Frost not fire like in immolation.

Last edited:
Level 6
#1: there is a trigger event called "unit within range"

#2:
I'm making a skill where a unit gets close to another unit and gets hit with Frost not fire like in immolation.
  • make a copy of endurance aura (neutral hostile version); edit its data so that it slows units; reduce range; change targets so that it affects enemies; change art-target model to frost armor; change buff to "slowed";
  • when hero casts a spell, add this ability to him (there is a way to hide the ability icon; search the forum)
  • wait for a while (as long as the main spell lasts at current level) then remove the aura ability
ta-daa.

Level 7
edge[d1];370293 said:
#1: there is a trigger event called "unit within range"

#2:

• make a copy of endurance aura (neutral hostile version); edit its data so that it slows units; reduce range; change targets so that it affects enemies; change art-target model to frost armor; change buff to "slowed";
  • when hero casts a spell, add this ability to him (there is a way to hide the ability icon; search the forum)
  • wait for a while (as long as the main spell lasts at current level) then remove the aura ability
ta-daa.

1# for some reason my varibles don't work so the only option for me is no unit. Why would that happen?

and as for #2....well I somewhat knew that just didn't think of doing it XD

Level 29
For the event of getting close to someone you must make a unit that is in the map, can't use variables.
So thats it ? we're stuck ? nah :grin:
Get on another trigger that will work on map installizion (or however you type that) and add the action "Add Event" to your trigger.
In the Add Event action you can add variables :thumbs_up:

Level 6
Get on another trigger that will work on map installizion (or however you type that) and add the action "Add Event" to your trigger.
In the Add Event action you can add variables :thumbs_up:

of course, that is done after a unit is inside a variable so map initialization is not the time (except in rare cases)...
usual order is something like this:
event:
selector-unit enters a circle of power (region)
actions:
unit - create 1 paladin for owner of triggering unit...
set U = last created unit
trigger - add "U starts the effect of an ability" to trigger X
trigger - add "U enters region R" to trigger Y
unit - remove triggering unit from the game

up there, we registrated newly created hero with all triggers that are made for him. whenever possible, try to do that instead of running a trigger for every unit on the map and then using a condition to check if it was triggered by one specific unit....

Level 29
Couldn't you tell us that from the start ? :eekani:
The easiest way is to make an auro that does those effects (can't think of any at the moment).
Another way is to make an aura that does nothing, and then put this trigger:

• Unknown
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.20 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
      • Your_Unit has buff Freezing_Aura) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Actions here

Level 11
Here, take a look at the trigger and adjust it to your needs.
It does what I (think) you want. I made the spell completely the way you asked it. However I made it so you could learn, not so you could mindlessly copy. If you want a change make it yourself. Its a good way to learn.

Attachments

• ForYou.w3x
    14.2 KB · Views: 70
Level 7
Umm the map is protected? It wont work for me.. Saids theres too much storage and that a trigger doenst exist in database RemoveLocation...(obisualy it does...)
Edit1:...Hmm it works with WEU...no idea why
Edit2:...Question...Why does the caster have frost block when its the dummy who casts it?
Edit3: Thank you

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.