• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Error with exporting a mdx in 3dsmax 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey, im having big problems exporting my .max files as a mdx. I have tried both Fadi's exporter and KMK's. Both time i get errors. (see picture). I am using 3d studio max 6. Is it because the scripts cant be used in version 6? Anyway, i _really_ hope someone can help me, cause, well, my situation sucks!

3dsmax6error.gif

Level 22
You may get this if you delete verticles, which is a bad thing if you do it wrong (i.e. deleting sections of the model and not replacing them. Sometimes the model will still work. Notice after you hit OK the model is still saved, but the skin usually needs to be reassigned.

I'm using 5.0, and I heard 6.0 doesnt work with the WC3 tools, so that might be it, too..

-VGsatomi

Level 2
But the model i tried to export there was not a original wc3 model where i changed something. it's build from scratch. And by the way, i looked in my directory for the files - they are there, but they are 0 kb, so i dont think they are exported, maybe the exporter just created 2 empty files...?

Level 6
i tried dex script but all it does is creat a mdl file with this inside:

// 'DeX Version: 0.185m
Version {
FormatVersion 800,
}
Model "Wall" {
BlendTime 150,
}
Textures 1 {
Bitmap {
Image "",
ReplaceableId 1,
}
}
Materials 1 {
Material {
Layer {
FilterMode None,
static TextureID 0,
}
}
}

i have so much models i made or edited and i cant export any of them :( :cry:

Level 6
wow it worked :D

thx :)

and now i will go ahead and learn how to skin.

edit:

didint want to make a new post, but it seems the skins are not showing up in world edit.

since im only a beggining modeler i can only edit previos models, but for some reason the skins arnt showing up. they look great in w3 viewer, but in world edit they are comepletly skinless, and all of the skins exist in the warcraft mpq, i cant figure out why they wont work:(

Status
Not open for further replies.