1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Weave light to take you to your highest hopes - the 6th Special Effect Contest is here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Error with exporting a mdx in 3dsmax 6

Discussion in 'Modeling & Animation' started by Saxe, Jul 14, 2004.

1. Saxe

Saxe

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey, im having big problems exporting my .max files as a mdx. I have tried both Fadi's exporter and KMK's. Both time i get errors. (see picture). I am using 3d studio max 6. Is it because the scripts cant be used in version 6? Anyway, i _really_ hope someone can help me, cause, well, my situation sucks!

[​IMG]

2. VGsatomi

VGsatomi

Webmaster's Council

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You may get this if you delete verticles, which is a bad thing if you do it wrong (i.e. deleting sections of the model and not replacing them. Sometimes the model will still work. Notice after you hit OK the model is still saved, but the skin usually needs to be reassigned.

I'm using 5.0, and I heard 6.0 doesnt work with the WC3 tools, so that might be it, too..

-VGsatomi

3. Saxe

Saxe

Resources:
    Resources:
    But the model i tried to export there was not a original wc3 model where i changed something. it's build from scratch. And by the way, i looked in my directory for the files - they are there, but they are 0 kb, so i dont think they are exported, maybe the exporter just created 2 empty files...?

4. unknownczar

unknownczar

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    i have the same exact problem except for me it says: -- Unable to convert: undefined to type: integer

i made a couple of models and none can be exported as an mdx!! :(

i now cry sadly..

5. oz02

oz02

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Try using Dex' script. It exports to MDL and it should work. Try searching Wc3Campaigns' forums for it.

6. unknownczar

unknownczar

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    i tried dex script but all it does is creat a mdl file with this inside:

// 'DeX Version: 0.185m
    Version {
    FormatVersion 800,
    }
    Model "Wall" {
    BlendTime 150,
    }
    Textures 1 {
    Bitmap {
    Image "",
    ReplaceableId 1,
    }
    }
    Materials 1 {
    Material {
    Layer {
    FilterMode None,
    static TextureID 0,
    }
    }
    }

i have so much models i made or edited and i cant export any of them :( :cry:

7. oz02

oz02

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I had the same problem at first. The reason that happens is because you didn't select all the meshes you want exported. First select all the meshes, and then export it. It should work that way.

8. unknownczar

unknownczar

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    didint help...

9. oz02

oz02

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Did you convert all the meshes to Editable Mesh (right click Convert To->Convert To Editable Mesh)?

10. unknownczar

unknownczar

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    wow it worked :D

thx :)

and now i will go ahead and learn how to skin.

edit:

didint want to make a new post, but it seems the skins are not showing up in world edit.

since im only a beggining modeler i can only edit previos models, but for some reason the skins arnt showing up. they look great in w3 viewer, but in world edit they are comepletly skinless, and all of the skins exist in the warcraft mpq, i cant figure out why they wont work:(