• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Crash] Error on loading screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
wgKExuI.png

This shows up when I try to test my map after loading over 1/4 and stucks me at the loading screen. It started happening after I imported an edited model and restarted WE, then I've just placed the unit with the model on the map. After this error, I've removed the unit, but no result, I've also removed the model, but it still shows up..

I'm afraid to close my map now, cause I may have problems entering it with the same error...

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Simplest solution would be to restore a backup and continue from there. If you use JNGP they are made automatically on each save (hassle free).

If not then try removing all imports and saving it as a different name. It is possible that imports that worked before are now corrupt as every time you save the map it has to re-bundle the imports into a new MPQ archive.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
it looks like something in initialization is causing the error, or an ability maybe?
Both can cause crashes. For example abilities with invalid field values (such as 0 or negative for some abilities) or creating a quest object at map initialization. Chances are there are crash causes never seen before as well. The error is too general to tell the cause without having build specific debug files (which only Blizzard has, or should have at least).

Try tracking down what you changed since it last worked. Both triggers and object data.

Status
Not open for further replies.